Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Yes…I hope that’s the case. For you and me Jeff.  A foot would get everybody in the game.  Anything more than that is just glorious. 

As it stands right now, It would be a pretty good thump, Of all areas in NNE, Those areas are in a good spot as long as this one doesn't end up tracking up the hudson.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

At this point, let’s just get sled country a big gain. I got a cabin i gotta get some use out of. 

The outlook has been so bad I haven’t even put my stickers on any of the sleds or put the new battery in mine yet. It’s just been too depressing to do anything with them at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I actually don’t have a problem with the MJO contributing some … 

The hemisphere appears receptive to it actually moving east of the Niña firewall. Dispersion (wave propagation) is constructively interfering.  It’s just not an aspect that is on the charts at this time -

It won’t drive the pattern … it may contribute. NCEP has 70+% prob for NIÑA neutralization over the next 40 days. It could in total send the pattern roulette turning for a new number. 

No idea what their reasoning is but these questions are worth asking. 

cfs-mon_01_ssta_global_fh1-9.gif

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

The outlook has been so bad I haven’t even put my stickers on any of the sleds or put the new battery in mine yet. It’s just been too depressing to do anything with them at all. 

Mine are not even in my possession at the moment, Both are in the shop.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

As it stands right now, It would be a pretty good thump, Of all areas in NNE, Those areas are in a good spot as long as this one doesn't end up tracking up the hudson.

Agreed! The folks we rented the cabin from  called us yesterday, and said they feel so bad that there’s not enough snow to sled on yet, that they gave us a whole extra month on our cabin rental…through March. Super nice folks. 

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

I hear ya. Got my sled ready a month ago cuz I thought I would head up after Xmas. That didn’t happen this year. But we’re ready as soon as it hits. It’s coming. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Agreed! The folks we rented the cabin from  called us yesterday, and said they feel so bad that there’s not enough snow to sled on yet, that they gave us a whole extra month on our cabin rental…through March. Super nice folks. 

I hear ya. Got my sled ready a month ago cuz I thought I would head up after Xmas. That didn’t happen this year. But we’re ready as soon as it hits. It’s coming. 

Folks in Northern Maine are very accommodating.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Folks in Northern Maine are very accommodating.

OMG…some of the best folks I’ve ever met. Been going there almost 30 yrs…and we’ve made such good friends up there. Truly great Folk! Honest and True people…makes you still believe in goodness. 

11 degrees currently up there…truly another world. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

OMG…some of the best folks I’ve ever met. Been going there almost 30 yrs…and we’ve made such good friends up there. Truly great Folk! Honest and True people…makes you still believe in goodness. 

Lot of great stories of how folks were more then willing to go above and beyond when your sled breaks down to get you back up and running.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Lot of great stories of how folks were more than willing to go above and beyond when your sled breaks down to get you back up and running.

OMG…unbelievable help and know how too. Honest and trustworthy people. Can’t say enough good about them. That’s part of why I make the trek…and of course cuz it’s fabulous riding too.:sled:  Awesome area as you know. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah been a snowy vibe evening. We’ve got a standing wave going this evening with steadier snows down into town than at the mountain, oddly enough.

Driving through the galaxy big flakes this evening.

264F64FB-DCA6-4203-A9F0-456057FC9F7B.jpeg.a01b1a18b5b4b78b3d0fef7b6ca90030.jpeg

Mountain has gained about 4” of dense upslope last day or so.

C35F8768-00EA-486A-85F3-3C898DF9DA58.jpeg.a2f3eff38e968495ecf3a4ac8930b9f3.jpeg

HA! I had no idea, just let the dogs out and we have a solid inch outside

30 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Hopefully I can finally get an event where my latitude helps...ever since I moved here all it has done is bone me.

I know you know this, but i was there  from 2000-2003 and it was the epicenter.  North and west of 495 will come again and Methuen will be golden egg synoptically.  Sooo much snow!!  More than I see in VT outside of Valentines day 2007 completely ignoring the nickel and dime.  

• Like 1

I'm supposed to head to Presque Isle on the 14th, first trip on New Year's eve got shit canned due to lack of snow, If I miss this one it's another 4 week wait till trip #3, then I have 2 in March. Like most, I have way to much money in this 32 year hobby than I care to admit to my wife or anyone else. I'm praying for snow in northern Maine.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fz583 said:

I'm supposed to head to Presque Isle on the 14th, first trip on New Year's eve got shit canned due to lack of snow, If I miss this one it's another 4 week wait till trip #3, then I have 2 in March. Like most, I have way to much money in this 32 year hobby than I care to admit to my wife or anyone else. I'm praying for snow in northern Maine.  

Well cant more north than that, shows dedication.  I've always wanted a snow machine but heard they are just a nightmare.  35 years in VT and I have still never rode one.

1 minute ago, dmcginvt said:

Well cant more north than that, shows dedication.  I've always wanted a snow machine but heard they are just a nightmare.  35 years in VT and I have still never rode one.

Not really a nightmare. For most it’s not an inexpensive hobby though. 

• Like 2

LOL, I live for it, but sometimes I think I'm nuts on what I spend, they go hand in hand, A love of winter weather since I was a  little kid before I sledded and then an absolute love for sleds and modifying them, my father lived in Caribou since 1993 and recently moved to Presque Isle, been sledding up there a long time. 

• Like 2