Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Lol. I really wish these signals would stop being referred to as “threats“ – I mean it really sets the wrong tonality like lacking restraint-which is something that’s very much needed for a group that seems to be too emotionally invested too quickly.  Yada yada yada. 

Winner

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I actually liked that song back then.  This girl in my history class had a bum sculpted out of God’s clay. She was a tad weird in the face tho, and seein’ as I had all the profundity of the average spiritually enlightened 16 year old to go with zip self esteem.  

It’s funny how music takes you to a setting or person or experience in time, flashes of nostalgic light briefly illuminate the reel of memory.  But that song was popular around then …

it’s really not very good music. Guilty sing along. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I actually liked that song back then.  This girl in my history class had a bum sculpted out of God’s clay. She was a tad weird in the face tho, and seein’ as I had all the profundity of the average spiritually enlightened 16 year old to go with zip self esteem.  

It’s funny how music takes you to a setting or person or experience in time, flashes of nostalgic light briefly illuminate the reel of memory.  But that sung was popular around then …

She didn't reside in Fox Hall circa December 1992, did she?

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It’s funny how music takes you to a setting or person or experience in time, flashes of nostalgic light briefly illuminate the reel of memory.  But that song was popular around then …

Was it Christine ? 

Same drum beat here below.. things that make you go hmmmm…

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Euro looks NJ model -like for the 12th. Decent amplitude coming in S of Chicago.  

Doesn’t appear to have the SPV fragment phasing in like the GFS though

Gets pinched a bit south as trough narrows....but at this lead time, def still very much on the radar.

That SPV extension has been trending SW on the Euro steadily though. It's an interesting trend not just for the 12th if that storm even happens....but for the 14th....it probably sets the stage with a fresher antecedent airmass.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Gets pinched a bit south as trough narrows....but at this lead time, def still very much on the radar.

That SPV extension has been trending SW on the Euro steadily though. It's an interesting trend not just for the 12th if that storm even happens....but for the 14th....it probably sets the stage with a fresher antecedent airmass.

Euro anything on 9th?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That SPV extension was showing on ensembles last week, as I referenced it the blog update on Friday as the reason this potential is high end.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

yeah, you can see the increased confluence here... this run looks interesting

ecmwf-deterministic-conus-vort500_z500-3503200.thumb.png.b4aa54311de8d379c08215bf3ced08b0.png

Just now, weatherwiz said:

At this juncture, pretty soon we'll be looking into March for these "potential's" and then all of a sudden, one model run will start showing 80's on the 384-hour prog and everyone will be like, "WTF did winter go"? 

yep it's kick the can forward every few days...

33 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Quote of the year, and the year just started.