Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

11 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

With BOS sitting at 1” on the season, we may need to start rooting for futility. IIRC, futility was set in the 1936-1937 season with 9.6”?

9.0 is the 1936-37 record.  Too early to consider it now though with 10 weeks left.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

9.0 is the 1936-37 record.  Too early to consider it now though with 10 weeks left.

Lol exactly, especially considering the season is 12 weeks.  I just don’t get some folks perception on reality anymore?  Ya it’s sucked so far, but it’s only half way through the first quarter, of this 4 quarter game…but yet let’s talk about futility just 7 minutes into the 1st quarter. :axe:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s actually a pretty nice look. 

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Some of the other OP model runs starting to latch on and quite a bit of ensemble support as well, May have to watch this one a little more the next few days to see if it continues,

No riding in New England at all is there? Nothing south of the St. Lawrence?

Just now, mreaves said:

No riding in New England at all is there? Nothing south of the St. Lawrence?

Northern Maine was riding all last week.  I opted not to go, cuz locals said it wasn’t worth the trip unless you’re local. But they were riding and the pics looked half way decent. They were grooming. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Northern Maine was riding all last week.  I opted not to go, cuz locals said it wasn’t worth the trip unless you’re local. But they were riding and the pics looked half way decent. They were grooming. 

Not riding this week, That should change the next couple days up there though,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, qg_omega said:

image.png.90249467b1a0425ceba493bbb2aa8c81.png

The CFS weeklies give a better representation to what causes that map. The above normal temps are front loaded, while the second half is AN but to a much lesser extent.

Not sure I see the full value in a monthly map being posted for Jan when there are weeklies from the CFS, GEFS, and EPS available that provide better context for the actual weather.

5 hours ago, weathafella said:

They've been due for a long time.  But think about this:  Mammoth Mountain averages >300 inches/year. I read that last year (2021-22) they got 341.

Those “on the snow “ averages are very low for mammoth and others . They come in at around 400 a year . I think Alta in Utah is around 530. Which is why they all still beat Jay peak in East that is around 320 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looking forward  to the sun and 60’s promised today!

Actually, I am too.

I had an epiphany this morning. I am 100% okay if this winter just turns out to be snowless winter. Yes the climate is changing, but no, I don't believe that we will never get a good winter again. I know It will happen. And when it does, we'll appreciate it even more

• Weenie 2