Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Panic Room 2022-2023

IUsedToHateCold

A tradition that must continue.

For those weenies that hugged the wrong model too long and ran straight off the ledge. For those patterns that bring 70 degree weather in prime climo. For weeks and weeks (and weeks) on end of looking at ensemble output and orchestrating how we end up with a +PNA/-EPO/-AO/-NAO only to be disappointed in the long run.

An homage to our long departed Reaper, may his cursed soul rest in peace. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

What really, REALLY breaks my heart about The Panic Room, is that The Reaper thinks he can retire.

Please Reaper, come back. This place is just not the same without you. A few years ago, I wanted to know what it was like to get reaped. 

Now, I will never know, even if I gave up on winter for the rest of my life.

The Panic Room without The Reaper, is far worse than getting Lucy'd by ten 2001 blizzards ten winters in a frackin' row, in one decade. It truly sucks huge hairy goat balls.

Reaper, get back here stat. Don't make me have to shut off all the snow up there in Connecticut and make every blizzard go cutter for the next twenty winters in the Northeast. Hint: What's happening RIGHT NOW in the New England sub.......

You better get back here Reaper. I expect a massively demonic entrance.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jebman said:

What really, REALLY breaks my heart about The Panic Room, is that The Reaper thinks he can retire.

Please Reaper, come back. This place is just not the same without you. A few years ago, I wanted to know what it was like to get reaped. 

Now, I will never know, even if I gave up on winter for the rest of my life.

Ahh, the weenies begged to be reaped @WxWatcher007

Yet I offer you no Reaper, flying in like a blaze of glory on a cloud of death, Motorhead screaming from his scythe as he plucks your weenie soul from you, its destination an image with your name on it. Yes, there are fates worse than death, fates that make the comfort of the Reaper's hollow of souls look like a five-star hotel. The horde, having seen their clown maps evaporate, their hopes of days at home watching white powder fall while reveling in winter dashed once again by their insidious climate - indeed, capable of putting one of their own to the torch faster than you can say "GFS". Truly they are among the most fearsome of entities. Welcome home.

Just now, IUsedToHateCold said:

Ahh, the weenies begged to be reaped @WxWatcher007

Yet I offer you no Reaper, flying in like a blaze of glory on a cloud of death, Motorhead screaming from his scythe as he plucks your weenie soul from you, its destination an image with your name on it. Yes, there are fates worse than death, fates that make the comfort of the Reaper's hollow of souls look like a five-star hotel. The horde, having seen their clown maps evaporate, their hopes of days at home watching white powder fall while reveling in winter dashed once again by their insidious climate - capable of putting one of their own to the torch faster than you can say "GFS". Truly they are among the most fearsome of entities. Welcome home.

:) :) :) :) :) 

Nice appetizer, Reaper. But we want you back here, eviller than ever! As a result, the new years eve blizzard will dump four feet snow in the sne. But I expect you back in here stat, more demonic than ever!

The Reaper does NOT retire!

You will not get to reap very many of us, since this is going to be one of the coldest, snowiest Mid Atlantic winters in a generation. We may get snow on the 23rd. As a result of your appearance, the SNE and NE will get annihilated by four feet of wind driven snow on New Year's Day. Connecticut will be buried by 2-3 feet of snow. That storm, will be the beginning of what Ginxy refers to, as a special winter. The Reaper will start a new demonic topic up in here and be VERY menacing.

The Panic Room, is a Mid Atlantic Institution for the Ages.

Well Reaper, if you do try to retire, you guys will get lots of rain wrapped cutters all winter. You'll enjoy slop fests with 3:1 cement all winter. Ironically, some of those cutters will incidentally give us snow while giving you torrential wind whipped rain and sleet. Looks whats happening to you guys now. Who's to say I DON'T have ties to the weather-controlling Chinese? The Chinese and to a lesser extent the Russians, have weather control or manipulation technology. I really love that stuff, with all my heart. You could control the whole world with that kind of power!

Save yourslef a LOT of pain and angst right now. Come back as the meanest, evillest Reaper the world has ever known, and get to enjoy a nice winter. Or else.:devilsmiley:

Because I yearn, to be Reaped by the best of them. When you come back as a very demonic Reaper, I will pretend to be out on the Ledge getting ready to Jump, because of an unbearably mild winter all over North America, Jay Peak included, then you can Reap me, the Jebman. I never ever got to find out what it is, to be truly Reaped.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I love snow as much as anyone else in here, but I also try to see things as they are and I'm officially in panic mode. Some of you will tell me "It's only January 6th, you're insane." It just feels like the writing is on the wall. 

So, to keep the tracking interesting, I'm seeing if BWI can take a run at the lowest all time seasonal snow totals. The lowest ever was 0.7 in 1949/50. We've also had a couple that stayed under 2 inches. 

If it's going to be bad, why not shoot for the record lol.