• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Death tolls from heart attacks happen. I’m more concerned about the deaths directly related to the storm from being in the elements etc. 

The number of people who made it to my hotels lobby as Friday eve went on kept climbing. They were the lucky ones that were rescued by emergency vehicles and a Good Samaritan our on a snow mobile . Everyone has a story , and everyone seemed grateful . 30 or so folks stayed in lobby as the first group of us were able to book rooms . Took multiple people rescued several hours to make it 2 miles as they kept getting stuck or playing a slow game of bumper cars trying to keep on road with poor visibility and all the stuck and abandoned cars 

Many mentioned They  instinctively flocked to transit road As it’s usually the best maintained , many were only a few miles from home , many had suv’s

• Like 3

15 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The number of people who made it to my hotels lobby as Friday eve went on kept climbing. They were the lucky ones that were rescued by emergency vehicles and a Good Samaritan our on a snow mobile . Everyone has a story , and everyone seemed grateful . 30 or so folks stayed in lobby as the first group of us were able to book rooms . Took multiple people rescued several hours to make it 2 miles as they kept getting stuck or playing a slow game of bumper cars trying to keep on road with poor visibility and all the stuck and abandoned cars 

Many mentioned They  instinctively flocked to transit road As it’s usually the best maintained , many were only a few miles from home , many had suv’s

That was totally the Buffalo version of the blizzard of '78.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

People say a 78 traffic disaster could never occur again due to current infrastructure.  I say BS. 12/2007 proved that. But this is crazy 

20221227_211020.jpg

12/2007 was crazy.......I worked the back roads to get home that night and was able to do it in an hour which was only 30 minutes longer than normal but the snow was nuts and I had friends at work that it took hours to get home.......that was the ride home in the blizzard with the 6 month old in the car seat.....hair on the chest sort of stuff......haven't seen a deal like that in a bit......cuz winter decided to suck for all time it seems since then

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

People say a 78 traffic disaster could never occur again due to current infrastructure.  I say BS. 12/2007 proved that. But this is crazy 

20221227_211020.jpg

We live in a residential neighborhood just off to the side of 84 in West Hartford.......the house was built in 1950 and the highway followed about 10 years after.....I often think about what 78 looked like just on the other side of the wood sound wall across the street.....if that happened now I would totally hump my ass out onto the highway with hot coffee and hot chocolate and get folks warm and alive......