• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I haven’t seen any reports recently but last night I saw parts of MVY had 8-9” already. Someone there prob has double digits of fluff by now.

The band has lifted mostly north of them this morning so I’d be surprised if anyone got more than 10-12”. 

wow, yeah good for them, at least someone in SNE got a decent event

30 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

What are the snow totals for the MVY/Cape that were/are under the LISE band?

This is super fluffy snow, can be blown away by just walking. I would say just around an inch here in Barnstable on Cape Cod. The inch or so that fell last night was mostly reduced to a dusting (sublimation?).

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I haven’t seen any reports recently but last night I saw parts of MVY had 8-9” already. Someone there prob has double digits of fluff by now.

The band has lifted mostly north of them this morning so I’d be surprised if anyone got more than 10-12”. 

There's a 12:30 pm LSR out of Edgartown of 9 inches, so low double digit lollis seems about right.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

26 people died from this event ...  How does that happen - gotta wonder what their back story was that necessitated either not heeding warnings, or just not paying attention, because it must have been some fantastically compelling reasons.

Backstory is they are likely from Southern New England. It never snows here no matter what the forecast.  Probably thought that was what happens in other parts of the country.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

LOL you should know that gets posted regularly! BTW any of that adult egg nog left?? We're heading to Simsbury for Christmas celebration in a couple hours, I may need some :D Merry Christmas you!

Merry xmas my friend. I had to hit the hay early. Back in studio today. Never working this day again lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

26 people died from this event ...  How does that happen - gotta wonder what their back story was that necessitated either not heeding warnings, or just not paying attention, because it must have been some fantastically compelling reasons.

I have accepted that stupidity knows no bounds. There's also a lot of homeless with mental health issues that probably refuse any direction.

14 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heart attacks are usually a big chunk of those. Car crashes.  Carbon monoxide.   

my guess is those are the big three for this

It also looks like some froze in their cars.   Dang. That would suck. 

According to today's Boston Globe the death toll is up to 27 in New York and 48 nationally.  The NY count is expected to rise.  Crazy.

If your talking about the buffalo area , then you had to be in it and you would understand (Meaning this Area is prone to severe winter conditions and snowfall and the locals just dealt with a 50” snowfall in spots several weeks ago  . So I think many of the folks just didn’t understand this was on another level as folks tend to focus on snowfall totals when determining severity from other perspectives . You can Even dress for severe cold ..you just can’t drive when you can’t see and plows can’t either . 

I don’t Think there has ever been a time (nevermind in 2022) when conditions came together so bad and so fast as you nearer the lake that people just making routine trips across town got stuck in their cars . Over 2000 cars were stranded at some point Friday nite in the broad Buffalo area . You had - 30 windchills , huge drifts and the real problem and why people couldn’t see and plows were called home is the winds . You simply were blind and had no choice to stop your car bc you could not see anything . I just think those folks weren’t even used to something like this . 

i have so much footage from it . 

• Like 6