• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

Precip thru 4:45 here is 2.84", the first 0.41" in SN/IP/mush thru 7:30 this morning.  CAD lasted to about 1:30, at which time the temp went from mid 30s to upper 40s in one hour and gusts into the 30s began, though no real screechers like others are having.   That temp pegged at 48; it's still mild but if the instrument stays up there once the cooldown arrives, I'll know the sending unit's batteries got drowned as the NE side of our house has gotten a washing.  Hopefully it didn't wreck the instrument.  Given the upstream echoes, we might make a run at 4".   It's already replaced 12/25/20 as the biggest calendar day precip event in December here, though our deep and cold pack has only dropped from 16" to 13" (so far).
My anemometer pole snapped. Wood core. Thankfully it didn't break the vane or cups like it did couple months back when the pressure treated main pole mount also rotted and toppled the whole thing over

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, alex said:

Flooded. Just moved everyone’s cars and made my way back through 2 feet of icy water. So fun… 

amazingly the renters all thought it was the coolest thing lol

Sorry.  I was totally wrong when I said you will be fine.  Hope you got everything out of water.  I know you built the cabins up higher and the house is okay.  Arctic front is almost here to start the rapid freezup.  Lots of ice will be left I guess.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Called the tower to verify and the back up instrumentation also had 62 kt. 

Yeah my wife works at a hospital in MHT and said the power is out all over, and they are on generator power. Was definitely not that strong here a few miles south.