• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm deeply skeptical, but I'd love for the HRRR to verify. A bit of snow tonight and frigid temps. 

To answer your question earlier on temps, my guess is it maybe gets to high single digits in spots tonight? Western CT will be colder than eastern MA at higher latitude. It’s about the worst type of delivery for us to get very cold…so it will modify quite a bit from from negative temps we currently see in western PA.  But the airmass itself is so impressive that even on an awful delivery vector, it will still be pretty cold. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Almost looks like the colder air is actually cutting out ahead of the cold front a bit

Yeah...that's been a subtlety in the runs over the last several days since this became an unavoidable cutter. There's been heavier doses of frozen QPF punching in just aft of 'bowing' aspect ...it's really has a 'quasi' ANA aspect to it when the lvl cold outruns the mid level support for the frontal boundary its self.  It's outrunning the intense deepening rate of the western Quebec bomb ..which is causing 700 mb synoptic inflow to cross back over the leading edge of the undercutting cold. 

• Like 1

(Kind of meaningless game, regardless. ) 7 miles east of Philly- When that convective line went through- temp dropped from 47 to 36 in about 5 minutes. Rain/Sleet/Snow mix- hard. No lightning though.  Has flipped to moderate snow now-  31F. 

39 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Damn Philly...all the lightning occurred around them and then it died. Stupid Philly, I hope the Cowboys roast them Saturday.

• Thanks 1