• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the angst over a 70 mile difference between rain and snow at day 7 is quite silly, too

I feel like people just have to take a couple days and let this play out. we'll know what's up by Monday, most likely

It's not silly within the context of the run...he's reacting to it..and considering how the consensus has trended today, the angst is justified. Why don't you piss off with the judgement BS because it's not needed. Stick to the model analysis, which you excel at.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Still seems to be a lot of spread between deep cutters and off shore solutions on GEFS.  Anyway, this is still 6 days away so I'm not stressing over it.  If Monday evening we're cutting, I'm running.  

I think tomorrow is crucial given the dichotomous nature of guidance at this particular juncture. 

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's not silly within the context of the run...he's reacting to it..and considering how the consensus has trended today, the angst is justified. Why don't you piss off with the judgement BS because it's not needed. Stick to the model analysis, which you excel at.

sorry… did not mean to come off as judgemental. just want everyone to keep a level head as much as possible

this is going to be a doozy to track and if one invests too much emotionally, it’s going to be a bad time. trust me, I have prepared for the GFS to have egg on its face and for everyone to rain… I would probably rage a bit too

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think tomorrow is crucial given the dichotomous nature of guidance at this particular juncture. 

Well for me I’m getting ready to go to VT Sunday so I put Monday as my day because I’ll actually be able to pay attention.  Long winter ahead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

sorry… did not mean to come off as judgemental. just want everyone to keep a level head as much as possible

this is going to be a doozy to track and if one invests too much emotionally, it’s going to be a bad time. trust me, I have prepared for the GFS to have egg on its face and for everyone to rain… I would probably rage a bit too

He's like I am...knows his stuff, but vents pretty liberally. I totally get what you mean, and there are some that need that voice of reason, but the vets know the limits of the range etc...just emotionally invested..especially right at the holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

He's like I am...knows his stuff, but vents pretty liberally. I totally get what you mean, and there are some that need that voice of reason, but the vets know the limits of the range etc...just emotionally invested..especially right at the holiday.

thanks for understanding. i’ll refrain from now on - unless it’s egregious

hahaha 

I really don’t know what to think here. I still think everything is on the table. the foreign models do give me pause but the GFS suite is holding strong and other models are ticking. the GEFS is insane

this is going to be a biggggg weekend

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

I"m looking at AirBnb places in Malaga (Spain).  Get away from this mayhem.  Supposedly lots of expats-could be a fun interlude.  Wintering here is becoming mind numbing frustration.

My niece and her boyfriend just got back from Spain and said it was amazing.  Beautiful weather, great food and super laid back, wonderful people in the countryside. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

thanks for understanding. i’ll refrain from now on - unless it’s egregious

hahaha 

I really don’t know what to think here. I still think everything is on the table. the foreign models do give me pause but the GFS suite is holding strong and other models are ticking. the GEFS is insane

this is going to be a biggggg weekend

The whining gets annoying..I get it...nothing wrong with telling us to shut it every now and again. But what is also annoying is trying to imply that the run didn't blow back east when it clearly did lol

Yea, tomorrow is when I make up my mind...though I won't touch a First Call until Monday or Tuesday, so..

• Like 3