Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 15-16 Mixed Bag of Precip

nj2va

29 minutes ago, RIC_WX said:

She's a soaker in Leesburg.  1.56" and backbuilding.  35*

Looks more white than wet in Swanton, probably all frozen from this point forward and going to stick around awhile.  30*

I’m in DFW waiting for my connecting flight home. We are driving out there tonight when I land. Should get a few inches of upslope too. Pattern looks amazing for the lake to freeze over too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

I’m in DFW waiting for my connecting flight home. We are driving out there tonight when I land. Should get a few inches of upslope too. Pattern looks amazing for the lake to freeze over too. 

Gonna be able to drive a car out there by New Years if the modeled temperatures are even close to accurate. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

So the next winter opportunity appears to be next Thursday

0 for 2 so far.  I saw for a week depictions of coast to coast high pressure in Canada but we got a dumbbell alignment with a monster stuck low up into the western Great Lakes and string  highs limited to both coasts. 

The upper levels were less than ideal for this event up and down the east coast.  Need a better H5 track to help ward off the warm air intrusion upstairs.  Hopefully the next system does just that and doesn't end up too far north (and Miller B'ish).

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Send pics from Western MD, please! Your home out there and the land it sits upon is so gorgeous.

On a topic closer to my heart....today's 1.5"+ of rain drowned, and apparently shorted out the pump/lights in, the 7' inflatable Santa that I had staked down in the front yard, and for the record....I will NEVER buy another holiday inflatable for the rest of my earthly days.  :/ 

• Haha 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
11 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Lol. Frederick VA closed for tomorrow.

I think that was either due to flooded roads, of which I saw a couple that were very close, or due to the number of power outages. According to SVEC, there are still nearly 3,000 locations without power in Frederick county as if 6:18 this morning.