Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

13 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Won my SDSU halftime moneyline bet though. Great year for Conference USA. 2 finalists in NIT, 1 final four team.

Transfer portal making things more entertaining as it seems to spread out the talent wealth. 

All of the C-USA teams who appeared in post-season play are moving to the American next year (FAU, UNT, UAB, Rice, and Charlotte). UTSA is also moving but they’re awful at basketball (but quite good at football). Of course, the AAC is losing Houston and a couple other teams, but it should still be good at the top next year with FAU and Memphis leading the way. 

51 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

My wife and her friend are in Petra, Jordan. A few pics. The last one is the place they're staying. Indiana Jones was filmed in the building with the columns27704.jpg27659.jpg27651.jpg27647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

that 2nd picture-looks like your yard

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Nice cap bust today.

Hope the overnight potential doesn’t pan out. The CAMS though have never really been gung-ho with convection today or tonight. Wasn’t until really this morning when the HRRR was a bit more impressive over central/eastern IA and western Illinois. Really good not a heck of a lot got going…what did develop has been quite nasty. 

On 4/2/2023 at 6:49 PM, bch2014 said:

All of the C-USA teams who appeared in post-season play are moving to the American next year (FAU, UNT, UAB, Rice, and Charlotte). UTSA is also moving but they’re awful at basketball (but quite good at football). Of course, the AAC is losing Houston and a couple other teams, but it should still be good at the top next year with FAU and Memphis leading the way. 

I think it was 2006 that UTSA students voted for an increase in student fees to pay for a football team they would never see as students.  2011 was the first season, one or two years FCS and then moved up to bowl subdivision football.  They have accomplished a lot in a hurry.  I saw them beat UH in Houston.  They were the designated sacrificial lambs but went ahead and won.  A couple of years before (2012), I saw Texas State, first year in bowl subdivision, also beat UH in Houston.  (My wife is a UH alum).  The offensive coordinator had a break down during the game, the head coach called the plays.

1 hour ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

I think it was 2006 that UTSA students voted for an increase in student fees to pay for a football team they would never see as students.  2011 was the first season, one or two years FCS and then moved up to bowl subdivision football.  They have accomplished a lot in a hurry.  I saw them beat UH in Houston.  They were the designated sacrificial lambs but went ahead and won.  A couple of years before (2012), I saw Texas State, first year in bowl subdivision, also beat UH in Houston.  (My wife is a UH alum).  The offensive coordinator had a break down during the game, the head coach called the plays.

Yes-UTSA has done a very nice job building their program quickly. Obviously Larry Coker got the program off the ground quickly, but they had a blip with Frank Wilson. Credit to them, they realized their mistakes and brought in TX HS FB legend Jeff Traylor, who made his name at Gilmer in NE Texas before going to be an assistant at UT and Arkansas. 

Texas State has had a much harder time getting traction-which is funny to me as San Marcos definitely has more of a "college town" vibe (to go along with nice football facilities) than the northwest side of San Antonio where UTSA is located. 

Meanwhile, my alma mater (Rice) has all the money and history in the world but none of the will to win, which is disappointing as an alum.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, amarshall said:

As for a weather related property. How would this place fare for snow.  1200 ft elevation

On a zoom daydreaming about rural farms. 

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1716-Page-Hill-Rd_East-Corinth_VT_05040_M45555-85639

Capture.JPG

I could never live in a spot with such terrible radar coverage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

As for a weather related property. How would this place fare for snow.  1200 ft elevation

On a zoom daydreaming about rural farms. 

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1716-Page-Hill-Rd_East-Corinth_VT_05040_M45555-85639

Capture.JPG

Very good. That’s about 10-15 miles from me. There is another poster in the NNE sub that lives not far from there in Topsham. 

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Very good. That’s about 10-15 miles from me. There is another poster in the NNE sub that lives not far from there in Topsham. 

I wonder how that corridor between 91, 89, and 2 to the north does w/r/t getting shadowed on easterly flow by the whites, and NW flow by the greens.  

21 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I wonder how that corridor between 91, 89, and 2 to the north does w/r/t getting shadowed on easterly flow by the whites, and NW flow by the greens.  

I know the CT River valley and then east on NH 25 is absolutely horrible for snow.  They usually have less than me.  1,600 ft is pretty high up though..... I'm sure it holds on to pack pretty decent. 

• Like 1