Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The husband seems to want to protect his wife from criminal wrong doing , he must be in such a mental torture ... maybe that just eases his tremendous pain and gives him a story he can stay somewhat sane with . That is utter conjecture and not even an educated guess but as you said it seems premeditated so i mean ...it’s a hard pill to swallow but if someone could be dropped  in the mind and mental chemistry of someone Who was previously sane and was facing a mental state of postpartum psychosis I wonder if that would give them a new perspective ..it would likely be almost unimaginably dark 

I don't want to come across as saying it's totally premeditated. I know the disorder is real...helI I know people who have suffered through PPD. 

It's the one part that made me think, that's all. I am sure what she is suffering from, just put her over the edge.

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Ehhhhhhh Id slow your roll on this a bit probably . Internet detectives aren’t exactly a beacon of integrity and factual information. Her family and those around her would know much more than people doing “digging” whatever that means.

I don't claim to be one.  And I'm not sure why I need to slow my role on a weather forum banter thread.  Only responding based on new information.  Take a quick scroll through some of the posts she made to various groups on facebook. Listen to the 911 call, and especially listen to her arraignment today. 

32 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I don't claim to be one.  And I'm not sure why I need to slow my role on a weather forum banter thread.  Only responding based on new information.  Take a quick scroll through some of the posts she made to various groups on facebook. Listen to the 911 call, and especially listen to her arraignment today. 

I just read details that I did not know about. I honestly want to puke.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, tunafish said:

I’m just not going to comment definitely one way or another, I’ll let the legal process play out. 

There is usually an escalation with people who commit heinous crimes. From all accounts, she has no criminal history. 

Im guessing something mentally was not right. That doesn’t necessarily excuse what she did or mean she will get off.

It’s a very sad and traumatizing case. Everyone is a loser in this scenario.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What was said. Is she still completely tapped in the head. Or tunafish ..what did she post to FB groups or is their a link for that 

Here's a great summary from yesterday's arraignment.

In terms of FB, she posted a ton to various pregnancy/new mom groups - not looking for support, per se, rather here's my story/look at me.  She appeared to be incredibly selfish, and self conscious. Hyper obsessed with fitness (going for a jog while in labor is an insane move) and appearance (nose job).  The kids were getting in the way of her life.  Here's a few but that Twitter account is a solid record of everything to date.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chris12WX said:

Only a completely different topic.....stepped outside this morning and heard a bird call and my first reaction was "that's a spring bird." I don't know bird calls, but thought it interesting that my brain's first reaction was spring to hearing this specific bird.

i heard the same thing yesterday morning and had the same thought-spring birds, whatever they are

2 hours ago, tunafish said:

yep.  Right over my friggin' head about an hour ago.  Covert operation, too.  Nothing showed on FlightRadar.

any idea why they'd do that near the jetport? Someone on my FB snowmobile page said they were doing that up near coburn gore this past wknd. I can understand that location, but not pwm.

11 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

any idea why they'd do that near the jetport? Someone on my FB snowmobile page said they were doing that up near coburn gore this past wknd. I can understand that location, but not pwm.

I think OceanStateWx was out trying to launch some weather balloons to see if he could make it snow.  They wanted to shoot down some balloons...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I know you don't need a firearm - when people snap, they snap...see Cohasset, Duxbury - but having a firearm handy, as everyone seems to for some reason these days, sure makes it convenient.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

...I didn't think phone books were still a thing.

This thing is about as thick as a lead pencil. 

20230209_173932.jpg

20230209_173830.jpg

That's what we get now, just Yellow pages and about the same size, even though we can just look up what we want online. Maybe there's still people out there with no computer and a house line.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tamarack said:

In the past week-plus, two NJ state council members have been murdered while in their parked cars.  Apparently, they were not connected.

I read about the Sayreville councilwomen who was shot dead in her car, but they had no leads at the time. Not much information has been shared but neighbors reported seeing someone fleeing the scene, scale up a wall, and run towards the GSP…which to me seems like there was a getaway car there. 

I have not read about the other council member murder yet…

18 hours ago, tunafish said:

I know you don't need a firearm - when people snap, they snap...see Cohasset, Duxbury - but having a firearm handy, as everyone seems to for some reason these days, sure makes it convenient.

If it's not a firearm... it'll be something else. The focus of these issues keeps getting shifted to a certain single political movement. All it does is time and time again take the focus off what's really going on with mental health in this country. It has been very interesting listening to a couple friends who are counselors talk about what is happening and it's really a shame. They both blame it squarely on a mix of social media, and lack of parenting... or lax parenting also lack of discipline compared to the past. I've had an interesting conversation with a friend in another country asking about "furries" in school. He thought it was a joke, and was dumbfounded to find out it's real...

• Like 1