Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

On 1/29/2023 at 4:28 PM, Baroclinic Zone said:

So does anyone think this may impact weather around the globe?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/26/opinions/earth-core-slowing-down-science-lincoln/index.html

I have not read anything that it will. Seems like standard fluctuations on the rate of speed which occurs every ~75 years.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Duxbury police chief gave an update on the condition of the mother today. Said she is improving and talking to friends and family 

She *may* walk away from this from a legal standpoint. Temporary insanity would be a valid defense. It sounds like her condition was well documented.  She’ll never be able to walk away from this from a human standpoint. I feel awful for everyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

She *may* walk away from this from a legal standpoint. Temporary insanity would be a valid defense. It sounds like her condition was well documented.  She’ll never be able to walk away from this from a human standpoint. I feel awful for everyone. 

Terrible situation, and I have no idea what will happen. I do wonder if privately people were hoping she didn’t pull through. Now she has to live this.

1 hour ago, 78Blizzard said:

Interesting article about "sneaker waves" in the Pacific NW fueled by far-off storms and most likely to occur in winter months.  https://phys.org/news/2023-01-far-off-storms-fuel-dangerous-sneaker.html

far-off-storms-fuel-sn.jpg

Back in 1998 I was solo camping for a few nights on the Coast of Oregon. Nice older hippy warned about such waves and told me the most dangerous aspect is the sweep of debris they carry.  I laid in my sleeping bag thinking about some Oregon sunami crushing me, with a drift redwood trunk or being stomped, by the half dozen deer, hanging out 50 feet from my tent.  :lol:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Back in 1998 I was solo camping for a few nights on the Coast of Oregon. Nice older hippy warned about such waves and told me the most dangerous aspect is the sweep of debris they carry.  I laid in my sleeping bag thinking about some Oregon sunami crushing me, with a drift redwood trunk or being stomped, by the half dozen deer, hanging out 50 feet from my tent.  :lol:

And Bigfoot never crossed your mind?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

He/She is more of a N California, Mt Shasta type of native.  If there are "Squatch" living in Oregon, they are probably more in the mountains. Most likely sticking to the chain of geothermal hot springs.      ;)

There was a Sasquatch movie that came out when I was 10 or 11 that scared me to death. It re-enacted supposed encounters. I used to go to the movies most Saturday afternoons and just remember not being able to sleep that night.  Lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 78Blizzard said:

Interesting article about "sneaker waves" in the Pacific NW fueled by far-off storms and most likely to occur in winter months.  https://phys.org/news/2023-01-far-off-storms-fuel-dangerous-sneaker.html

far-off-storms-fuel-sn.jpg

They are a big deal in Iceland as well.  Every couple of years a tourist gets caught in one on a beach and perishes.

11 hours ago, mreaves said:

There was a Sasquatch movie that came out when I was 10 or 11 that scared me to death. It re-enacted supposed encounters. I used to go to the movies most Saturday afternoons and just remember not being able to sleep that night.  Lol

I've watched that one far too many times.   When we were kids it came out and we were all convinced that Bigfoot lived in the woods near our school

@Cold Miser I feel like I took a tour of your musical world tonight. First I watched the Waken Festival documentary. I’ve seen stuff about it before but it looks totally crazy. I’m just a fringe metal guy anyway, more of a hard rock type. Looks fun though if I was 30 years younger. 

Next I watched Rammstein in Amerika. Not overly familiar with them but the doc was very good. Seeing them arrested in Worcester in 1999 for a performance the year before was something. Not sure I could be a fan but I like the art aspect of what they do and the fearlessness of it. 

10 hours ago, mreaves said:

@Cold Miser I feel like I took a tour of your musical world tonight. First I watched the Waken Festival documentary. I’ve seen stuff about it before but it looks totally crazy. I’m just a fringe metal guy anyway, more of a hard rock type. Looks fun though if I was 30 years younger. 

Next I watched Rammstein in Amerika. Not overly familiar with them but the doc was very good. Seeing them arrested in Worcester in 1999 for a performance the year before was something. Not sure I could be a fan but I like the art aspect of what they do and the fearlessness of it. 

Ha...Cool. Wacken is my dream festival event. But at my age I would want to go there with the nice accommodations, lounge access, with access to the main field during bands that I like. They rent "cabins" and have showers and stuff.  I just don't think I could tent it for 5 days.  

Yeahh..Rammstein has been in trouble many times. I was happy to catch the stadium shoe last Fall as it was quite a spectacle.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Ha...Cool. Wacken is my dream festival event. But at my age I would want to go there with the nice accommodations, lounge access, with access to the main field during bands that I like. They rent "cabins" and have showers and stuff.  I just don't think I could tent it for 5 days.  

Yeahh..Rammstein has been in trouble many times. I was happy to catch the stadium shoe last Fall as it was quite a spectacle.

Lol. I know I couldn't tent for 5 days.  Just looking at the people in the rain and the mud gave me the shivers.  It was good to see Lemmy perform.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mreaves said:

Lol. I know I couldn't tent for 5 days.  Just looking at the people in the rain and the mud gave me the shivers.  It was good to see Lemmy perform.

My son's boy scout troup is going to Philmont New Mexico summer of 2024. I have to camp out for 10 days in the mountains. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

My son's boy scout troup is going to Philmont New Mexico summer of 2024. I have to camp out for 10 days in the mountains. 

Speaking of scouts and camping I recently found out there is is scout camp on Nantucket. I’m hoping to organize a trip there this summer with the kids because it’s the only way I could ever afford to stay out on the island.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amarshall said:

My son’s troop was going to do that.  They did fundraising, training etc.   then Philmont had a bunch of wildfires and they had to pivot and they put together a SW trip. 

On 1/29/2023 at 6:45 PM, Ginx snewx said:

Read the Dads statement on the Go Fund me page. Exceptionally normal wife sent reeling after giving birth. 

The more that people dig and find stuff, the more it's clear she wasn't exceptionally normal.  Lady was tapped long before her latest pregnancy.  And she didn't "just snap" that night - shit was planned ahead of time. 

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

The more that people dig and find stuff, the more it's clear she wasn't exceptionally normal.  Lady was tapped long before her latest pregnancy.  And she didn't "just snap" that night - shit was planned ahead of time. 

Ehhhhhhh Id slow your roll on this a bit probably . Internet detectives aren’t exactly a beacon of integrity and factual information. Her family and those around her would know much more than people doing “digging” whatever that means.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Ehhhhhhh Id slow your roll on this a bit probably . Internet detectives aren’t exactly a beacon of integrity and factual information. Her family and those around her would know much more than people doing “digging” whatever that means.

Here's the one thing I am struggling to wrap my head around. This wasn't someone alone all day by herself, had a real tough day to go along with her PP psychosis and performed these horrific acts. She knew she had 20 minutes to do her rampage, and to commit suicide. So basically she waited until the door shut, went nuts, and the end result was the husband coming home moments after she jumped. I can't help but see some premeditated motive there. That's the part that bothers me. She was well aware of the short time she had, and clearly thought about this. There isn't enough time to go into this crazy state and perform those awful acts, without thinking through some of this.

I am well aware and sensitive to mental health and I know she was battling those demons. But this is the one part where I'm struggling here. 

As a parent, I just feel so devastated. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Here's the one thing I am struggling to wrap my head around. This wasn't someone alone all day by herself, had a real tough day to go along with her PP psychosis and performed these horrific acts. She knew she had 20 minutes to do her rampage, and to commit suicide. So basically she waited until the door shut, went nuts, and the end result was the husband coming home moments after she jumped. I can't help but see some premeditated motive there. That's the part that bothers me. She was well aware of the short time she had, and clearly thought about this. There isn't enough time to go into this crazy state and perform those awful acts, without thinking through some of this.

I am well aware and sensitive to mental health and I know she was battling those demons. But this is the one part where I'm struggling here. 

As a parent, I just feel so devastated. 

The husband seems to want to protect his wife from criminal wrong doing , he must be in such a mental torture ... maybe that just eases his tremendous pain and gives him a story he can stay somewhat sane with . That is utter conjecture and not even an educated guess but as you said it seems premeditated so i mean ...it’s a hard pill to swallow but if someone could be dropped  in the mind and mental chemistry of someone Who was previously sane and was facing a mental state of postpartum psychosis I wonder if that would give them a new perspective ..it would likely be almost unimaginably dark 

For what it’s worth MGH has a page where  women who experienced  postpartum psychosis Share their stories 

https://www.mghp3.org/survivor-stories

These aren’t easy stories to listen to but they end well .

I read  stories of survivors who didn’t have children again because they felt so Incredibly thankful they recovered and so incredibly frightened to go thru that again