Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Might be that.  I fiddled around with it a bit.  Maybe it is stuck?  

I am NOT an HVAC or plumber, I forgot what PSI furnace run at, where you lost power, power restored, furnace starts back up, movement , heck even a piece of debris in line can cause something to stick, your doing the right thing by calling someone, its winter, need heat.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It was put in on 1996/97.  
it has been pretty reliable but getting up there

Our ~25 year old furnace began leaking in spring 2013.  I was at work when the service guy came and checked out everything.  Then he told my wife that there was good news and bad news.  
"Let's have the good news."
"Today is Friday."
"Bad news?"
"The boiler is cracked; you need a new furnace."

Fortunately, our Jan-Mar timber harvest had produced enough to pay the bill.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Our ~25 year old furnace began leaking in spring 2013.  I was at work when the service guy came and checked out everything.  Then he told my wife that there was good news and bad news.  
"Let's have the good news."
"Today is Friday."
"Bad news?"
"The boiler is cracked; you need a new furnace."

Fortunately, our Jan-Mar timber harvest had produced enough to pay the bill.

Hoping it is just a leaky valve... it has slowed considerably.  Service tech should be here soon

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It was the expansion tank.   Bladder went. 
That’s a relief.    Better than a new boiler

same thing happened to me several years ago. After using lots of hot water, i would get a puddle underneath the relief valve. Plumber came out and replaced the relief valve. I questioned him, and told him that the water pressure gets pretty high right after showering, then the relief valve pops. I thought all along it was the expansion tank. Anyway, replacing the relief valve didn't fix the problem. called a different plumber who laughed at the first plumbers diagnosis and replaced the expansion tank. not a single problem since.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2023 at 10:10 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Horrific news coming out of duxbury tonight . My lord 

The details are even worse. 

I drove by the house at 5:50 and 6:10 dropping my son off at basketball.  At 6:45 I went back to pick him up and the street was closed with a huge police presence.  I said to my wife, what if I saw the woman jump out the window.  I would of been involved. 

• Sad 1

Just now, amarshall said:

The details are even worse. 

I drove by the house at 5:50 and 6:10 dropping my son off at basketball.  At 6:45 I went back to pick him up and the street was closed with a huge police presence.  I said to my wife, what if I saw the woman jump out the window.  I would have been involved. 

Crazy. My brother in law is a firefighter in town, wasnt on shift, but did come in immediately following to relieve the crew that was on. His wife is an ER nurse at BID Plymouth, and was there when children arrived.

It was horrific and something they’ve never seen, by there accounts.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Crazy. My brother in law is a firefighter in town, wasnt on shift, but did come in immediately following to relieve the crew that was on. His wife is an ER nurse at BID Plymouth, and was there when children arrived.

It was horrific and something they’ve never seen, by there accounts.

A few of the firefighters worked in Dorchester and Roxbury before transferring to the burbs.  They've seen not nice things before. A lot of the younger firefighters have never seen anything like this.  I feel awful for them.  A friend of mine was the first police officer on scene. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, amarshall said:

A few of the firefighters worked in Dorchester and Roxbury before transferring to the burbs.  They've seen not nice things before. A lot of the younger firefighters have never seen anything like this.  I feel awful for them.  A friend of mine was the first police officer on scene. 

I do hope the first responders get the help they need. Unfortunately it sounds like for police officers in certain districts, getting help can mean they are  not fit for duty and many don't get help. This makes zero sense to me. How can you not be supported to seek help with such a difficult job. If anything that helps them remain mentally fit for duty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

Yeah my brother in law started in 2018 and has never seen anything like this.

Dont want to speculate too much, but I’ve heard there is a good chance the third child is not going to make it, and that the moms condition is much more grave than has been indicated.

• Sad 1

Did the duxbury woman have a history of mental illness or Was thus possibly related to a bad case of postpartum. This was a labor and delivery nurse ...right ...not a heroin addict. We know what happened was unimaginable but it seems frightening to me that this women may have prior been a productive member of society and had some sort of psychotic break postpartum 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 10:57 AM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Did the duxbury woman have a history of mental illness or Was thus possibly related to a bad case of postpartum. This was a labor and delivery nurse ...right ...not a heroin addict. We know what happened was unimaginable but it seems frightening to me that this women may have prior been a productive member of society and had some sort of psychotic break postpartum 

I have heard she was in a bad state. Can't confirm, but supposedly someone had to always be near her when the kids were around. Dad goes to get take out and this happens. It's just such a tragedy. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I have heard she was in a bad state. Can't confirm, but supposedly someone had to always be near her when the kids were around. Dad goes to get take out and this happens. It's just such a tragedy. 

Glad to see the financial support for the father on the go fund me. My wife and I donated last night and it looks like it’s closing in on 400k already. He’s going to need it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Glad to see the financial support for the father on the go fund me. My wife and I donated last night and it looks like it’s closing in on 400k already. He’s going to need it 

We did too. As a parent, it really bothers me. We have friends there as well, and we donated. Just feel so bad for the Dad. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 10:13 AM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah my brother in law started in 2018 and has never seen anything like this.

Dont want to speculate too much, but I’ve heard there is a good chance the third child is not going to make it, and that the moms condition is much more grave than has been indicated.

Unfortunately you were right about the infant. This is devastating.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

We did too. As a parent, it really bothers me. We have friends there as well, and we donated. Just feel so bad for the Dad. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Unfortunately you were right about the infant. This is devastating.

It’s nice to see people rally in the face of something like this. Truly devastating.

And yeah, very sad stuff. All 3 kids gone. Devastating

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 5:12 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s nice to see people rally in the face of something like this. Truly devastating.

And yeah, very sad stuff. All 3 kids gone. Devastating

Read the Dads statement on the Go Fund me page. Exceptionally normal wife sent reeling after giving birth. 

• Sad 1