Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Hmmmm, I’m not leaning toward that as being the main reason .  I do not think they are organized , set up or funded with the resources to do what it seems they are supposed to do , successfully and Wall Street likes it that way .

They are definitely understaffed and underfunded, but they had him if they had only double checked the trade tickets with DTC to see if they actually were being processed. They never bothered to. It wouldn't have taken much effort at all.

But Madoff was a well-respected member of the Wall St community....he ran a successful market-making business and was chairman of NASDAQ for 3 years. It was easy to trust him as long as the documents looked real enough.

42 minutes ago, KTBFFH1905 said:

My firm's due diligence committee looked at him several times but could never get enough data or make any sense of their strategy. We had thousands of reps asking to put Madoff on our platform and each time the DD decided on not allowing it. Days after the scheme was broken up the DD office was flooded with gifts and lots of praise and thanks from lots and lots of advisors. 

Bravo , nice post 

On 1/7/2023 at 2:28 PM, HoarfrostHubb said:

An interesting film from National Geographic “Fire of Love” about those two French vulcanologists who died in the 1990s.   It’s on Disney+.   Cool footage

Wow. I had never heard of this couple. I imagine the footage is unbelievable.   From the sounds of the first few sentences, they die doing what they love.

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

Wow. I had never heard of this couple. I imagine the footage is unbelievable.   From the sounds of the first few sentences, they die doing what they love.

I had heard of them and remember when they died.  I had seen a bunch of their film before, but this is all in one place.  They definitely lived how they wanted to...and died that way as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So investigators searching trash facility in Peabody in connection to missing Cohasset women.   Husband arrested yesterday in connection. Spent hundreds of dollars on cleaning supplies at local Home Depot.

Also searched “how to dispose of 115 woman’s body” and “how to dismember a body”

• Sad 1

What I miss?
I awoke last Monday morning to blood gushing from my nose, chest pains, severe DVT throbbing in my legs, thought was buying the farm. Had to call 911 ...
Two clots in both legs, lung infection, heart pumping at 50% capacity. I'm back home after a week, another 1/2 dozen scripts. The bleeding had stopped but as soon as I get back home.
Momma I'm coming home! :cry:

• Sad 9

1 minute ago, ROOSTA said:

What I miss?
I awoke last Monday morning to blood gushing from my nose, chest pains, severe DVT throbbing in my legs, thought was buying the farm. Had to call 911 ...
Two clots in both legs, lung infection, heart pumping at 50% capacity. I'm back home after a week, another 1/2 scripts. The bleeding had stopped but as soon as I get back home.

Geezus man , I’m hoping you recover soon  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

What I miss?
Two clots in both legs, lung infection, heart pumping at 50% capacity. I'm back home after a week, another 1/2 dozen scripts. The bleeding had stopped but as soon as I get back home.

Damn. Get better soon and take care of yourself. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

What I miss?

Holy hell Don.  Don't you go dyin' on me friend. :o

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Holy hell Don.  Don't you go dyin' on me friend. :o

My siblings want me to move back N. Thinking it might be best course of action to take at this juncture.
Sucks getting old.
To all responders a heart-felt expression of gratitude and thanks.
It's all in the big-guys hands.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

My siblings want me to move back N. Thinking it might be best course of action to take at this juncture.
Sucks getting old.
To all responders a heart-felt expression of gratitude and thanks.
It's all in the big-guys hands.

I just wish you well in whatever capacity that means/takes.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ROOSTA said:

What I miss?

Get better. IIRC, you’ve got the Trackhawk?  If you need anybody to drive it up here for you for your move…I’d probably do it and pay the tolls and gas out of my own pocket for you. Haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Get better. IIRC, you’ve got the Trackhawk?  If you need anybody to drive it up here for you for your move…I’d probably do it and pay the tolls and gas out of my own pocket for you. Haha

LOL I traded the Trackhawk (shouldn't have, no longer in production) chasing some tail. Turned out she was a fruitcake. Bye-bye, long gone.
I really hate Insurance Co. Petitioned for home health, my vitals and condition don't meet criteria. In the meantime, I hobble back and forth from kitchen to computer, bathroom and couch.
Afraid to drive because I'm faint (low B/P) and still bleeding.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

LOL I traded the Trackhawk (shouldn't have, no longer in production) chasing some tail. Turned out she was a fruitcake. Bye-bye, long gone.
I really hate Insurance Co. Petitioned for home health, my vitals and condition don't meet criteria. In the meantime, I hobble back and forth from kitchen to computer, bathroom and couch.
Afraid to drive because I'm faint (low B/P) and still bleeding.

Get yourself better.  

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 6:59 PM, ROOSTA said:

What I miss?

Good luck Don.

• Like 1