Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

There is no science behind it. It’s tinfoil hat bullshit.

The dude took a helmet directly to the chest last night and more than likely entered cardiac arrest as a result.

Hearing stuff like this makes me want to chew on razor blades.

You mean like every single one of your moronic weather posts that you have managed to drive so many away from the board recently 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Research this. :weenie:

Don’t be a moron. I’m well aware of the small amout of myocarditis cases. Last night was not heart inflammation nor a defect. It’s most likely a blow to the heart at the wrong time. Bigger point is I don’t want this conspiracy shit on our subforum. 

Reminds me a little of the Pronger incident where he took a puck to the heart and collapsed. 

Yeah, it reminded me of a high school lacrosse game I was at where a player took a shot to the chest and went into arrest. Fortunately CPR brought him back. Scary stuff.

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

We need to flush this current nonsense out for Winter enthusiasts.  There is no cold to be tapped into in Canada.  Pattern is garbage unless something is timed perfect for SNE.  C/NNE could cash in.

yeah..in near peak winter climo we are leaning on a lot of luck. Maybe that changes in 10 days as we get closer to peak Winter. the positive is that I'm not spending a ton of time looking at models. wake me up when a good threat is showing within 5 days

10 hours ago, bristolri_wx said:

First - I hope Damar Hamlin is okay.  Looks like the game is done for this evening...

That being said.  Addressing some of the "whining" and such on some of the other threads.  I think we just need a return to the moderation we had a few years ago.  Right now there's a bunch of discussion going on in the Obs/Discussion thread that should be in banter.  The "panic" can be in banter too.  I can remember seeing stuff moved in the past, perhaps that's all that's needed to get the Obs/Discussion thread more focused again.  The "whining" used to be done in banter.  Now banter seems to be treated as an off-topic thread, when it doesn't have to be.  Look in Obs/Discussion now, there's a post about a boulder falling on the highway, and discussion about Hamlin there as well.

Just my two cents.  I fully acknowledge that it's easier said than done, and moderation can be a pain since it's volunteer based...

Lol, saw that. I was like cool, but ok? Happens all the time. 

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

We need to flush this current nonsense out for Winter enthusiasts.  There is no cold to be tapped into in Canada.  Pattern is garbage unless something is timed perfect for SNE.  C/NNE could cash in.

This is one of the least favorable set ups I can recall for SNE , and particularly near the coast .

-PNA 

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just far too many of these heart related issues over the last two years or so in heart healthy people.. hundreds to thousands of cases . Not a coincidence. Thankfully it sounds like he is stable. 

You know what I think is pretty true and my comment has absolutely zero to do with The Damar  Hamlin tragedy .

Is that if people are intelligent and not emotionally tied to some political agenda or concerned what others They are friends with think about Opinions that aren’t popular ..then they realized the main problem that has only gotten worse (especially when the stakes are high regarding impact of an event ) is no real sources of information can be trusted . You can’t trust the mainstream , you can’t trust experts who often need to toe some line to stay employable (meaning they can’t really comment openly about what often is the crux of an issue due to offending folks and they want to stay neutral and not cause themselves trouble regarding their standing )  , and you certainly can not trust the alternative media that tries to pray on those who realize the MSM is often politically correct intellectual prostitutes . The alternative media are not some truth seekers they are in it for money like everyone else when people just like believing something . 

When you simply follow the money , you follow the research , you contemplate  the ramifications , you follow the politics and ways the media tries to get folks to not consider things based on your dislike of a person and not data or not experts who funded certain research  being put in charge of investigations . You realize if you can stomach it , that you can’t trust much when the issue is very serious .

You can believe what you want for peace of mind or due to your dislike of MSM or alternative media or this party or that ..but you just shouldn’t trust most information when the stakes are high and global politics / local politics are involved and that  makes many uncomfortable because I Think many search for peace of mind or to confirm their own bias .

• Like 3

15 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Are the observation sites going offline because of funding? It’s a shame to see so many good long recording stations stop.

That's possible, especially for the first 3 sites.  The Farmington observer, Dennis Pike, took over the responsibility in 1966 and is/was well into his 80s, so I wonder if he became unable to continue and nobody picked up the torch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Research this. :weenie:

Don’t be a moron. I’m well aware of the small amout of myocarditis cases. Last night was not heart inflammation nor a defect. It’s most likely a blow to the heart at the wrong time. Bigger point is I don’t want this conspiracy shit on our subforum. 

Reminds me a little of the Pronger incident where he took a puck to the heart and collapsed. 

Many years ago - early '60s - a kid about 10 y.o. in our small community was hit in the chest by a softball bat that slipped from the batter's hands during school recess.  He was knocked to the ground, got up and said he'd go to the nurse but only went a few yards before collapsing.  The teacher ran to him and saw blood coming from the mouth, and the boy passed in a couple minutes, long before first responders could arrive.  Autopsy revealed that the heart was in that part of the cardiac cycle when a sharp blow could cause rupture to heart or aorta.

• Sad 4

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone know what the safety feature mentioned in this Jeremy Renner article (That failed and how that may occur ) that caused the Snow plow machine to roll over a leg and cause a large amount of blood loss.

https://www.ndtv.com/feature/what-happened-with-hawkeye-actor-jeremy-renner-details-here-3658609/amp/1

Some of those have a parking brake like a car, some are manual some are electronic(solenoid controlled), seeing the skier you are, I'm sure you know what these look like, was he out of the unit clearing something? and brake disengaged? Did he forget to set something? not sure, what a shame

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 512high said:

Some of those have a parking brake like a car, some are manual some are electronic(solenoid controlled), seeing the skier you are, I'm sure you know what these look like, was he out of the unit clearing something? and brake disengaged? Did he forget to set something? not sure, what a shame

Thanks , I was just trying to get idea if this had to have happened outside plow or inside . Apparently he was plowing the area in and around his driveway which looks like a snow lovers paradise 

I have no real idea what they are , why would I know as a skier (and a modest skier : def not advanced ) I don’t understand the connection of the parking break and skiing 

Oh, what I was trying to say, I'm sure you have seen these at ski areas they use a lot for grooming but mostly to move man made snow around etc.( also ski mobile trails etc.)

Safety device is what I am trying to figure out, too  much snow didn't engage what I assume parking brake, frozen but still maybe getting an indicator on dash it was applied on? Some other sites said he loves snow equipment and has a lot of pieces of removal equipment, but yes, what I would give for that snow!

I believe the NFL announced that the game will not be made up this week . The best course of actions and the course of least resistance is probably to hope it doesn’t need to be played for playoff seeding after they allow this next week (last week to play out ) 

Now I’m Going to talk about football since it’s end Of year and plenty of teams are excited for playoffs .Buffalo’s  next game Will be against the patriots . I don’t have any playoff hopes for patriots so I mean buffalo will now play their starters and we will likely be sent home packing ..like we really deserve (based on our play ) .

38 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I believe the NFL announced that the game will not be made up this week . The best course of actions and the course of least resistance is probably to hope it doesn’t need to be played for playoff seeding after they allow this next week (last week to play out ) 

Now I’m Going to talk about football since it’s end Of year and plenty of teams are excited for playoffs .Buffalo’s  next game Will be against the patriots . I don’t have any playoff hopes for patriots so I mean buffalo will now play their starters and we will likely be sent home packing ..like we really deserve (based on our play ) .

PAtriots can get smoked by the Bills and still have a somewhat decent chance to back in...   ugh

They would need the J-E-T-S to beat the Fins (possible)

They need the Jags to beat the Titans (def possible)

The need Pittsburg to lose to the Browns (unlikely)

While I love the idea of them getting into the playoffs, they would probably benefit more in the long run by missing them.  Plus they don't "deserve" it the way they have played

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

PAtriots can get smoked by the Bills and still have a somewhat decent chance to back in...   ugh

They would need the J-E-T-S to beat the Fins (possible)

They need the Jags to beat the Titans (def possible)

The need Pittsburg to lose to the Browns (unlikely)

While I love the idea of them getting into the playoffs, they would probably benefit more in the long run by missing them.  Plus they don't "deserve" it the way they have played

Ya agreed.

Ive never seen so many teams with marginal records be “in the hunt” 

Natural gas prices in Europe have fell to pre invasion levels now .

Example  #5995 Of how real world pain and suffering due to dramatic changes that can occur in very small financial markets when speculators and investors  enter these small markets in a very large way to take advantage of an external cause that disrupts supply / demand at a much smaller level (compared To the % movement in price of commodity ) 

Nearly Every article written in the financial press fails to touch on the core issue to these tremendous fluctuations in commodity prices , be it lumber , oil futures , Natty gas .

Occasionally you will hear a seasoned investors carefully spell out the dynamics so that the lay investor understands why the price of a commodity can move 150% when the supply / demand disruption is  In the single digits . 

Commodities have Tiny markets caps (by size $ ) in comparison to stocks  and bonds Indexes are much more prone to disruption  .
When the situation favors a clear change in the supply / demand dynamics tons of money tends to flow into them (or out ) And this large change in total $ invested into the asset class is responsible for the size of the move , not the actual amount of supply/ demand imbalance .

You just need a sure thing that will clearly push that supply / demand of a commodity in a sure way and money piles in and levers up, then when there is enough news that reverses this dynamic or it’s no longer a sure thing (milder weather than normal ) money that knows there is a bubble flows out fast . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Natural gas prices in Europe have fell to pre invasion levels now .

Example  #5995 Of how real world pain and suffering due to dramatic changes that can occur in very small financial markets when speculators and investors  enter these small markets in a very large way to take advantage of an external cause that disrupts supply / demand at a much smaller level (compared To the % movement in price of commodity ) 

Nearly Every article written in the financial press fails to touch on the core issue to these tremendous fluctuations in commodity prices , be it lumber , oil futures , Natty gas .

Occasionally you will hear a seasoned investors carefully spell out the dynamics so that the lay investor understands why the price of a commodity can move 150% when the supply / demand disruption is  In the single digits . 

Commodities have Tiny markets caps (by size $ ) in comparison to stocks  and bonds Indexes are much more prone to disruption  .
When the situation favors a clear change in the supply / demand dynamics tons of money tends to flow into them (or out ) And this large change in total $ invested into the asset class is responsible for the size of the move , not the actual amount of supply/ demand imbalance .

You just need a sure thing that will clearly push that supply / demand of a commodity in a sure way and money piles in and levers up, then when there is enough news that reverses this dynamic or it’s no longer a sure thing (milder weather than normal ) money that knows there is a bubble flows out fast . 

the mainstream media doesn't help things much. there were articles out there this fall telling us how the record heating oil prices were going to bankrupt us all. sure, the price is high. but I read an article speculating that it could go up to $10/gallon. that is just plain irresponsible and causes panic, and i would imagine some level of hoarding by the oil companies/distributors that can store it. if all the oil distributors hoard it, of course it will cause supply disruption.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

the mainstream media doesn't help things much. there were articles out there this fall telling us how the record heating oil prices were going to bankrupt us all. sure, the price is high. but I read an article speculating that it could go up to $10/gallon. that is just plain irresponsible and causes panic, and i would imagine some level of hoarding by the oil companies/distributors that can store it. if all the oil distributors hoard it, of course it will cause supply disruption.

The mainstream media hasn't helped anything since probably sometime in the 80s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

The mainstream media hasn't helped anything since probably sometime in the 80s

The mainstream media  are intellectual prostitutes, Toeing corporate and usually political lines (Us against world or dem / repub)  to en embarrassing degree for the last decade and getting worse by the year .

The perspectives are often framed for reasons to have folks form the desired opinions , the appropriate beliefs ..and it’s been taught to not respectfully disagree but look down on folks when there is not agreement . The more emotion that can be driven into a story the more potential for clicks and in- fighting , attacks and in the end the less critical thought.

Maybe governments have to manipulate people to keep People fighting amongst each other As it’s better then focusing on the toxicity of the entire system 

** I would argue that even things that are started with good intentions , once they enter the toxic realm of politics and corporate gree$, they become so infested with shiat that the end product is financialized, politicized and a shell of its original intention **

So much pure garbage is spewed and counted on being lapt up by a viewer who has selected their channel of choice to confirm their own Beliefs / based usually on  emotional allegiance On a hot button emotional issue that said channel or outlet pretends to stand on , when in reality the executives and leaders stand on a perch to sustain their profits , power, career aspirations and share holder equity and it is seems reasonable people will rather maintain beliefs that give them a sense of purpose and peace of mind then question if the  stances are just created to sustain allegiance , position for influence and power and selected for those reasons, not for the good intentions  that are marketed to Capture the hearts of Decent folks Empathy.

Ok , I’m done for a while and Moving on :)

• Like 1