Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

You think this helps or just makes people think all is well and the drought is over?

I’ve had limited time out there, but my sense is that people know they have a long way to go. Any little bit helps, and the snow is good outside of winter if it doesn’t melt too fast. 

First - I hope Damar Hamlin is okay.  Looks like the game is done for this evening...

That being said.  Addressing some of the "whining" and such on some of the other threads.  I think we just need a return to the moderation we had a few years ago.  Right now there's a bunch of discussion going on in the Obs/Discussion thread that should be in banter.  The "panic" can be in banter too.  I can remember seeing stuff moved in the past, perhaps that's all that's needed to get the Obs/Discussion thread more focused again.  The "whining" used to be done in banter.  Now banter seems to be treated as an off-topic thread, when it doesn't have to be.  Look in Obs/Discussion now, there's a post about a boulder falling on the highway, and discussion about Hamlin there as well.

Just my two cents.  I fully acknowledge that it's easier said than done, and moderation can be a pain since it's volunteer based...

30 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Ah ok. I'm curious what happened if he was plowing. And figures, I've avoided Hollywood like the plague the last couple decades 

Renner - He is in intensive care and his injuries were “extensive” Blunt force to the chest . They did a second emergency surgery And he was in critical But stable condition . 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Renner - He is in intensive care and his injuries were “extensive” Blunt force to the chest . They did a second emergency surgery And he was in critical But stable condition . 

I mean, did he run himself over with his own plow truck? Sounds like he will eventually be ok so that is good.

7 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I mean, did he run himself over with his own plow truck? Sounds like he will eventually be ok so that is good.

blunt force trauma to chest .. I would assume is in a crash  

I’m not trying to compare both stories of accidents today 

I definitely don’t think many folks have a good feeling About the nfl player but hopefully he can get some good news very soon 

15 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

First - I hope Damar Hamlin is okay.  Looks like the game is done for this evening...

That being said.  Addressing some of the "whining" and such on some of the other threads.  I think we just need a return to the moderation we had a few years ago.  Right now there's a bunch of discussion going on in the Obs/Discussion thread that should be in banter.  The "panic" can be in banter too.  I can remember seeing stuff moved in the past, perhaps that's all that's needed to get the Obs/Discussion thread more focused again.  The "whining" used to be done in banter.  Now banter seems to be treated as an off-topic thread, when it doesn't have to be.  Look in Obs/Discussion now, there's a post about a boulder falling on the highway, and discussion about Hamlin there as well.

Just my two cents.  I fully acknowledge that it's easier said than done, and moderation can be a pain since it's volunteer based...

I agree even though fully guilty.  I wish I remembered more to post in Banter if it has no weather relevance. I’d move my posts, and went to sports forum after initial posts.

It definitely used to be different. 20 years ago, no one pressed “send” or “post” unless it absolutely had to be said and was well researched/reasoned.  That was if you thought you were worthy enough to hear from on list-serves, bulletin boards, etc.

Social media has changed things.  We never used to share feelings with weather at the beginning.  Now it’s largely the conversation.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I agree even though fully guilty.  I wish I remembered more to post in Banter if it has no weather relevance. I’d move my posts, and went to sports forum after initial posts.

It definitely used to be different. 20 years ago, no one pressed “send” or “post” unless it absolutely had to be said and was well researched/reasoned.  That was if you thought you were worthy enough to hear from on list-serves, bulletin boards, etc.

Social media has changed things.  We never used to share feelings with weather at the beginning.  Now it’s largely the conversation.

Agreed.  I've done the same as well.  And to be honest it doesn't have to be super-strict moderation.  Directly responding to someone with a meme or a "beer" is fine, IMO, as long as the original post is on topic.  But we have 57 pages of January Obs/Discussion on 1/2/23?  How is that even possible, without a storm in the forecast.  Some self moderation is probably the key going forward...

• Like 1

Agreed.  I've done the same as well.  And to be honest it doesn't have to be super-strict moderation.  Directly responding to someone with a meme or a "beer" is fine, IMO, as long as the original post is on topic.  But we have 57 pages of January Obs/Discussion on 1/2/23?  How is that even possible, without a storm in the forecast.  Some self moderation is probably the key going forward...
I think it partly has to do with people wanting their voices heard and/or attention whores so they probably assume, rightfully so that more people will hear them in the Obs rather than banter.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do yourself a favor and do some research 

Research this. :weenie:

Don’t be a moron. I’m well aware of the small amout of myocarditis cases. Last night was not heart inflammation nor a defect. It’s most likely a blow to the heart at the wrong time. Bigger point is I don’t want this conspiracy shit on our subforum. 

Reminds me a little of the Pronger incident where he took a puck to the heart and collapsed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Research this. :weenie:

Don’t be a moron. I’m well aware of the small amout of myocarditis cases. Last night was not heart inflammation nor a defect. It’s most likely a blow to the heart at the wrong time. Bigger point is I don’t want this conspiracy shit on our subforum. 

Reminds me a little of the Pronger incident where he took a puck to the heart and collapsed. 

It’s not conspiracy theory. There’s actual science behind it . Now we can’t even discuss that in a banter thread?

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s not conspiracy theory. There’s actual science behind it . Now we can’t even discuss that in a banter thread?

There is no science behind it. It’s tinfoil hat bullshit.

The dude took a helmet directly to the chest last night and more than likely entered cardiac arrest as a result.

Hearing stuff like this makes me want to chew on razor blades.