Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Is this dangerous? I have absolutely no idea how long it’s been like this? Given the rim look below, it looks weathered, so possibly a while

image.thumb.jpeg.408744b5c5635e53f0f22d6923fcb789.jpeg

Yeah that could blow at some point. More likely at high speeds or in warmer weather. You should replace that tire ASAP IMO for you and your vehicles safety.

43 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

Yeah that could blow at some point. More likely at high speeds or in warmer weather. You should replace that tire ASAP IMO for you and your vehicles safety.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nah it's fine catastrophic failures are a breeze at 75 mph. Can't believe you even asked.

My bro came over and basically said all tires need to be replaced.

Only 35k miles, but vehicle has been on the road since 2018, so they are 5 years old, and generally not in great shape, according to him.

Hopefully will get more than 35k out of my next set 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Only 35k miles, but vehicle has been on the road since 2018, so they are 5 years old, and generally not in great shape, according to him.

Looks like you never clean the rims or shine the tires . No wonder there’s issues 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I got 105K on mine and just replaced them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That’s a lot. OEM tires kind of seem like garbage. My wife’s had to be replaced early as well, and the next set has been going strong 

OEM tires are usually garbage. Treadlife is usually 45k to get them through a three year lease.

I highly recommend these:

https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-defender-ltx-m-s

Have these on my CR-V and RAV4. Good all season tire especially for winter and long tread life as long as you rotate regularly.

Anyone know how long we can go without power or water before our pipes freeze and burst?  Power out since 11 PM Friday night. House was 47 when we left at 5pm.  Outside temp 24.  Forecast for 22 but we tend colder at our house.  No estimate from power company. Forecast of 30 daytime tomorrow though we face south with big windows.

16 minutes ago, Skivt2 said:

Anyone know how long we can go without power or water before our pipes freeze and burst?  Power out since 11 PM Friday night. House was 47 when we left at 5pm.  Outside temp 24.  Forecast for 22 but we tend colder at our house.  No estimate from power company. Forecast of 30 daytime tomorrow though we face south with big windows.

Hope you left them dripping

• Like 2