Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2022/23 Banter Hangout

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

That’s what I’m excited for too is the squall lines. Hopefully they can hold together after crossing Lake Michigan and March down 94 to Detroit. A Derecho is what I’m referring too

There is a better chance they hold with the Great Lakes temps above normal but a cold spring would negate it.  We'll see!?!

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 10:49 AM, hawkeye_wx said:

I'm just very ready for a wet summer again.  I'm tired of the la nina drought summer garbage.

That's interesting, I associate La Nina with flooding and :twister:, particularly late spring of 2008. The last 10 days of May through the first two weeks of June were practically non-stop thunderstorms with multiple tornado outbreaks and major river flooding for much of the Midwest.

3 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

That's interesting, I associate La Nina with flooding and :twister:, particularly late spring of 2008. The last 10 days of May through the first two weeks of June were practically non-stop thunderstorms with multiple tornado outbreaks and major river flooding for much of the Midwest.

I miss springs with severe weather and storms all the time. Seems like indy hasn't had much of them since 2011. I remember the June 7 2008 flood here 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Torchageddon said:

23 years ago today it was 24C/75F here, parts of extreme SON had 28C. I have a foot or more of snowcover and a terrible ice layer on driveways now :thumbsdown:. At least its been blue skies again.

March 8, 2000? Weird.

it checks out

3850.gif

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

70's then snowed the next day

330775377_222852160303276_6001024497051699248_n.thumb.jpg.9883b3eb274917ee26c5e60b7f91ad90.jpg

Reminds me when I was in Missouri a few years ago in April for a couple months. One day it hit 90 and I got a light sunburn. Has severe storms that night and 28 hours after it hit 90 it was 29 with a snow shower. Made me grateful for the big lakes around me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

2000 was a very cool and wet summer. Almost no heat. 

Yep, we went to the UP in August and it was in the 40s at night, early August. And when we got to the northern lower it was so cold you could see your breath a couple nights, also got hailed on at sleeping bear dunes.

• Like 2