Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

4 hours ago, Newman said:

Latest HRRR... Mount Holly has issued a WWA for Lehigh County on north with only 1-3"

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.thumb.png.f880902cd9244ebb416af58b140dd500.png

Meant to follow up on this because I had remembered seeing the criteria depending on where you are in the CWA and I did finally find it - https://www.weather.gov/phi/criteria-winter

So for up that way you have this for WWAs & WSWs -

nws-mtholly-wwa-02262023.png

nws-mtholly-wsw-02262023.png

33 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Meant to follow up on this because I had remembered seeing the criteria depending on where you are in the CWA and I did finally find it - https://www.weather.gov/phi/criteria-winter

So for up that way you have this for WWAs & WSWs -

nws-mtholly-wwa-02262023.png

nws-mtholly-wsw-02262023.png

I have constantly stated that the winter storm warning criteria for the LV for snowfall is set too high. It should be at 5 in too because of the truck traffic alone warrants it. LV metro has now almost  million people and has major arterial interstate /road networks in place.  Its time for MT Holly to wake up.  You would think after the 2007 Valentines Day disaster    they would lower the snowfall criteria. Wrong. 

• Like 1

Increasing clouds today with highs in the low 40's. Rain or sleet should start during the 7pm hour with sleet becoming the main precipitation type across NW Chester County before transitioning to all rain before ending overnight. The NWS has a small sleet accumulation possible across NW Chesco tonight. Seasonably cool tomorrow in the low 40's before warming again by Thursday with showers. Could see another wintry mix by Friday.
Records for today: High 73 (1997) / Low 2 (1934) / Precipitation 1.33" (1958) / Snow 3.0" (1907)
image.png.98f75f2bcd895d968033e090d3ff4069.png

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Expecting nothing more than a car topper/grass only. Wouldn't have to travel far (road trip) to see some real snow...

33F currently and you guessed it 33F and mainly rain tonight. This winter, the gift that just keeps on giving...

33.jpg

HRRR looking better for us than the NAM, but that's not saying much. To quote Paul, "Could be the biggest event of the season."

37F/DP 21F (Will be watching those DPs today.)

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Friday is looking worse by the hour…looks like tonight is our best hope here in the LV. Haven’t had an event over 2” all season, will tonight’s system finally be the one to pass that mark?

Wouldn't surprise me if Friday turns out to be nothing more than a glorified frontal passage...like the way most of our "events" ended up this winter.

44F/DP 21F 

It looks like if SE PA is going to pickup any accums tonight (south of i78 at least) it would be between 8-10pm. Looks to start as rain or rain with pingers then the heavier convective band rolls thru after 8pm flipping to snow before  transitioning to sleet and sleet/rain mix after 10pm ending as plain rain early Tuesday. Beggars can't be choosers....my yard spotlights will be on full lumen tonight. If we can top .25" here tonight it would be the largest snowfall of the season imby. LFG!

• Like 1