Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

No room left for the Canadian to go north this would be worse then losing the super bowl.

While there is truth that guidance trends N most of the time, that is never an absolute....especially with blocking building up top. If there was one that could reverse trends in a couple days, this is the one imho. Not a warm fuzzy feeling attm but optimistic that we wont see N ticks every single run from now thru Friday. I expect some dramatic changes in one form or another thru Wednesday at least.

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GEFS ind members actually improved a fair amount for the area. Still has it's share of op looking members. Mean snowfall also ticked up vs last 2 runs.

Yup.  But it's sortof getting into the mid-range now and we have seen this before as all of them start churning out options different from their long-range guesses, before deciding (or getting close to deciding) on a solution a few days out.

I’ll be happy to eek out an inch imby tomorrow. Think the 95 area sees more sleet than anything. N and W of there should see a solid advisory event up to low end warning criteria in the LHV and Pocono’s. Feeling the same way in regard to Friday. I’m leaning towards 95 ending up with an advisory event that changes over towards the end but N and W sees a warning level event. Basically splitting the difference in the two camps of the models. I hope the Euro solution comes true though for both events, it would make this winter a D+ instead of a F-. 

38 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I’ll be happy to eek out an inch imby tomorrow. Think the 95 area sees more sleet than anything. N and W of there should see a solid advisory event up to low end warning criteria in the LHV and Pocono’s. Feeling the same way in regard to Friday. I’m leaning towards 95 ending up with an advisory event that changes over towards the end but N and W sees a warning level event. Basically splitting the difference in the two camps of the models. I hope the Euro solution comes true though for both events, it would make this winter a D+ instead of a F-. 

aren't we the optimistic one. LOL   I expect Nothing and like it in the LV. Its been that way all year. If we get some, it all gone by Tuesday at lunch anyway. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Using only the 6hr ECM map though doesn't capture all the snow

Was looking at the timing - the final totals were the last ones posted to try to line up.

I know at least for the 3/4 storm, it'll probably change a few times.  Will have to see what they all look like on Wednesday!