Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Whatever happens tomorrow night is a very good indicator of what happens late week imho. All guidance that is snowy tomorrow are snowy late week and vice versa. Just something to watch

If the gfs clowns the euro on these next 2 systems it’s time to move on to spring. What a shit topping to this shit sundae winter that would be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

If the gfs clowns the euro on these next 2 systems it’s time to move on to spring. What a shit topping to this shit sundae winter that would be.

That would also show that everyone who has been ridiculing the GFS all winter for being stubborn and not snowy is seeing this model's upgrades through snow covered glasses. The GFS may very well have become the new King. We just won't know for another couple of weeks, but it sure seems that way right now.

Amazing to see how we appear to be setting up to do the backloaded thing. Frozen tomorrow, significant frozen threat Friday for a chunk of this sub, and after the 8th the pattern is even more promising with the cold boundary established to our South. March is obviously the new January. April should be rockin at this rate :snowing: 

• Weenie 1

Yesterday was only our 8th sub freezing day of the winter with a high of only 31.2. Typically through yesterday we would have seen 22 such days already this winter. This underscores how unusually warm this winter season has been across the area! Back to well above normal temps again today with sun returning and highs into the low 50's. Chillier tomorrow with some mixed precipitation arriving late in the day. Here in Chester County it will be mainly some sleet changing to rain before much accumulation. However, you would only have to go north by around 20 miles or so toward the Lehigh Valley to see some accumulating snow and sleet tomorrow evening. Milder again Tuesday through Thursday before another potential winter event may effect us by Friday into next Saturday.
Records for today: High 70 (1930) / Low 6 below (1914) / Precipitation 1.83" (1929) / Snow 8" (2010). That 2 day storm in February 2010 was the last of 3 major snowstorms that month with 13.5" falling from that storm. That followed the 18.3" that fell on the 5th/6th and the 26.8" on the 9th/10th. We ended the month with 62.8" of snow - the 2nd greatest monthly total behind only the 69.8" that fell in February 1899.
image.png.810123fc7c579824bf6d4e0a3a112de5.png

Love how tomorrow night is trending colder. I just made my first call on my page, 1-3” for the Lehigh Valley…I might have to increase that a little bit if these trends continue! Also starting to get mildly excited about Friday even though I’m scheduled (for now) to drive to and from Princeton that day.