Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

Nice, lol. Technically, we had snow on snow here this morning. Still some snow from the other day on this woodpile (from the tree we lost on the Friday before Christmas). Mini winter!

0203231331_copy_3201x2728_copy_771x657.jpg.dc233588a7517351c5b67c6e10ce8891.jpg

Guess that will have to pass for this year's snow pile. :lol:

24F/DP 5F

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blizzard Hunter said:

I'm not quite there yet. Feb 10th-12 has potential, but watch it vanish on models by tonight. 

Temps are no where we need them to be. Mid 40-45+. Anyhow, it's superbowl weekend and I would give up a monster blizzard event to see the SB and a Birds win. 

Hobbies/Leisure:

#1 Sports

#2 Music

#3 Weather

22F/some sun/windy

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Temps are no where we need them to be. Mid 40-45+. Anyhow, it's superbowl weekend and I would give up a monster blizzard event to see the SB and a Birds win. 

Hobbies/Leisure:

#1 Sports

#2 Music

#3 Weather

22F/some sun/windy

I understand your point, and it will probably either be sunny and cold or warm and wet. However, the possibility for snow is greater than what you present based on last model runs. I expect the chance to fizzle out, but just saying. Let's go Birds. 

It was an icy night 5 yrs. ago in spots after the SB.

I too would want my watching crew to be able to come over and watch with me over snow.  Maybe we can get the best of both worlds, a SB win on the 12th, and snowstorm on the 13th.  I took off that day!

24F wind chill definitely a factor today/tonight/tomorrow.

Wowza! Highest recorded wind gust at my house since I started logging just over two years ago:

q6fMEN1.png

Today was wild--sampling soil down in SNJ. Thankfully I had a shipping container to hide behind for most of the day at least. My drillers weren't so lucky, but I made sure they were able to take plenty of breaks from the wind. I'm so done with being outside for the next few days though.

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Nice, lol. Technically, we had snow on snow here this morning. Still some snow from the other day on this woodpile (from the tree we lost on the Friday before Christmas). Mini winter!

0203231331_copy_3201x2728_copy_771x657.jpg.dc233588a7517351c5b67c6e10ce8891.jpg

"Snow on snow" is an interesting concept missing this season (so far). :lol:

My dp has crashed to below 0 and my "high" today did end up being 35 just before the arctic front blew through here around 5:30 am.

Currently down to 21 with dp -3 (although it has dropped to as low as -5 briefly).

• Like 1

Meanwhile on Mt. Washington…

-106F windchill.  I believe this may be a new U.S. windchill record.

-45F with a 93 m.p.h. wind gusting to 102.

I would strongly advise the researchers up there to wear a scarf while taking measurements.

• Like 1

Media Delaware County 14 degrees humidity 28% dewpoint -13 winds gusting past 35 at times finally arctic air shame its only here for 12-27 hours.  We picked up a trace of snow that evaporated. 

You can already see upstream the cold air lifting out and the warming beginning.  

Even with it getting really warm next week my snow weenie eyes wants to listen to Ralph and stay patient for a back loaded February.  I guess we will find out in 10 days. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Media Delaware County 14 degrees humidity 28% dewpoint -13 winds gusting past 35 at times finally arctic air shame its only here for 12-27 hours.  We picked up a trace of snow that evaporated. 

You can already see upstream the cold air lifting out and the warming beginning.  

Even with it getting really warm next week my snow weenie eyes wants to listen to Ralph and stay patient for a back loaded February.  I guess we will find out in 10 days. 

That's twice this winter we've been reminded what serious cold feels like. Hopefully in the not too distant future we'll be reminded what serious snow is like. Though I'd take a grass covering snow and like it.

• Like 1