Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

25 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

If there's a will there's a way.:scooter:

But seriously I don't hate the look on the ECM other than it's blazing warm. With those high pressure's situated over the top up north, you'd think it'd be much colder than what it's currently showing. Interestingly the GFS has the cold but pattern is too progressive for the follow up wave. Split the difference between them and we aren't in a bad spot. Still a thread the needle situation though, but one of these times it's gotta thread dammit!:weenie:

I honestly believe our "thread-the-needle" events actually will increase in likelihood as we move thru March, meaning the chances of one of these actually working out or "threading-the-needle" will continue to increase. One of these is going to work out right when we least expect it. It's only Feb 2....plenty of time to go. Dont really  necessarily care what happened or didn't happen in Dec or Jan....recent history shows our prime climo is just starting to come into range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

High cirrus cloud deck starting to build from the south already

Yeah am now back to overcast with that, with an occasional break as a reminder that the sun is still up.

Currently at my high (so far) for the day  - 39, with dp 19.  That might be the warmest it gets through the first part of the weekend.

Will there be a shot of flurries/snow shower/squall later tonight w/the cold air rushing in?

Looking out the same window on the recliner after work for weeks+to the West and the same during late afternoon...clouds, no actually sunset. Same thing over and over, groudhog day.

Was just at Walmart on my way home. Grills galore stacked (Charcoal/gas) as you enter...

37F/Mostly cloudy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Will there be a shot of flurries/snow shower/squall later tonight w/the cold air rushing in?

Looking out the same window on the recliner after work for weeks+to the West and the same during late afternoon...clouds, no actually sunset. Same thing over and over, groudhog day.

Was just at Walmart on my way home. Grills galore stacked (Charcoal/gas) as you enter...

37F/Mostly cloudy

On a related note, snowblowers are heavily discounted right now at lowest and home depot as are shovels and ice melt. 

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

On a related note, snowblowers are heavily discounted right now at lowest and home depot as are shovels and ice melt. 

Doesn't stop there. As I was walking around waiting for my prescription to be filled, home and garden section had pallets of top soil/grass seed and outdoor picnic tables/chairs ready to go out for display. Can't blame them, this winter was/is a disaster...

35F/Mostly cloudy

33 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Doesn't stop there. As I was walking around waiting for my prescription to be filled, home and garden section had pallets of top soil/grass seed and outdoor picnic tables/chairs ready to go out for display. Can't blame them, this winter was/is a disaster...

35F/Mostly cloudy

Pitchers and catchers....10 days!

15 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Wake the kids! Here comes the big one!!!

bo.jpg

Am guessing that is riding along the arctic front.  I was surprised that it was still at or above freezing here but then there are clouds that kept the radiational cooling down.

KYW Traffic report already reporting the snow up around I-78 (Justin Drabick).

Temp here is 33 with dp 24.

kdix_20230203_0927_BR_0.4.png

We had a few snow showers this morning with the passage of the arctic cold front. Temperatures have fallen off from 32.7 at just before 5am to now 24.3 at 8am. Temps should steady off but not rise much this morning before falling again by mid-afternoon. We should see reading in the teens by 4pm and fall to around 8 degrees by tomorrow morning. It will be windy today with wind chills near to below zero through tonight. Tomorrow will be cold but much less wind. A warm up to again back above normal begins Sunday and we stay above normal for the rest of next week. Our next chance of rain will not be till next Thursday.
The record high for today is 60 degrees from 1991. Our record low was way back in 1895 at 4 below zero. Daily precipitation record is the 1.63" that fell today in 2014. Daily snow record is the 11.0" that fell in 1961 as part of a 2 day storm that ended on the 4th with 13.2" of snow falling.
image.png.db853dfcf3e54cb54e3d64a7335bed88.png