Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

That's all you'll have absent the squirrel snow pile.  I suppose some of it could be scraped and gathered into one place to make a mound. :lol:

At this point I don't care about piles, the whole reason we put the lights up after Christmas was for this, lol. You know, if you build it, they will come.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

This one's for you, lol. About .30" here, car topper and grass whitener. 32F currently.

0201230510c_copy_1679x1883_copy_784x880.thumb.jpg.ba938e23eca219762bcd74d46a362954.jpg

Nice.

I'm not the only nutjob on my street who has their lights still on/up. Have another week plus to the Super Bowl so maybe something more but the forecast doesn't look too promising. Then they come down and hopefully along w/a Birds victory....

28F/Cloudy

Went out with the ruler and got 0.2" - and was actually examining what fell and it looked like quite a bit of small graupel mixed in because the surface coating had piles of tiny foam-bead-looking stuff mixed in that was definitely not sleet (was softer).

Am currently at my low of 29 (so far) this morning and it's overcast and somewhat misty, with dp 24.

Well if you missed it we did get a little snow between about 330am and 5am this morning. We received a whopping 0.2" in East Nantmeal. This is our 6th winter "event" of the season and brings our seasonal total of snow to 2.4". We finished January as the 2nd warmest first month of the year in Chester County history with an average temperature of 39.5 - behind only the 42.2 average temperature recorded in January 1932.
It looks dry for at least the next week with colder than normal temperatures through Saturday before warming to above normal once again by Sunday. Both Friday and Saturday will stay well below freezing with lows on Saturday AM in the single digits.
The record high for today is 68 degrees from 1989. Our record low is 5 below zero from 1935. Daily melted precipitation record is 2.43" from 1915. Our daily snow record was set just 2 years ago when we were in the middle of a multi-day snowstorm that resulted in the last time we recorded a 12"+ snowstorm here in Chester County PA. Between January 31 through February 3rd we recorded 16.6" of snow with a daily record of 9.3" falling on February 1st following the 4.3" on the 31st.image.png.674deb039efc7f5aaf132fe65f7dd783.png

15 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Well all gone - and before it hit 32.

And it is currently 32 here with dp 24 and the clouds have returned!  <Jim Nabors voice> Surprise surprise surprise.

Same. And with that, the Roger Smith storm is in the books.

Can't wait for the next time the RGEM is showing a HECS with no other support. All the weenies will come out of the woodwork to remind us when it was the only model to sniff out the Feb 2023 car topper!

32F/DP 22F

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Same. And with that, the Roger Smith storm is in the books.

Can't wait for the next time the RGEM is showing a HECS with no other support. All the weenies will come out of the woodwork to remind us when it was the only model to sniff out the Feb 2023 car topper!

32F/DP 22F

Actually the ICON had it first. Eff the RGEM! :lol:

6 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Went out with the ruler and got 0.2" - and was actually examining what fell and it looked like quite a bit of small graupel mixed in because the surface coating had piles of tiny foam-bead-looking stuff mixed in that was definitely not sleet (was softer).

Am currently at my low of 29 (so far) this morning and it's overcast and somewhat misty, with dp 24.

Had those here too on the tail end. Those are "RedSky dippin dots"!

• Haha 3