Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Looks like some mood flakes in the wee hours of Wednesday morning up this way....at best. Not even worth losing sleep over. This winter wx is just horrendous in every way imaginable.

I had low expectations going into this winter as I pretty much thought below normal snow/ above normal temps for a variety of reasons but I really didn’t anticipate another all time ratter so close to 2019-2020. This area occasionally gets complete ratters(I’m talking <5 inches) but that interval is typically once a decade. Usually even a crappy winter has 10” of snow. To have 2 all time snowless winters in a 4 year period is unprecedented. Who knows maybe March will save the day, I’m not counting on it though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Well, wish me and the family luck.  Heading to Stowe tomorrow night for skiing Friday and Saturday.  Should be brutal, but hopefully pretty empty.  May just bag Saturday and ski for several hours Sunday before heading home.

I’ve ski’d up there in below zero temps before and really the only time it really got to me was if there was 20+ mph winds on top of it. It doesn’t look like that will be the case at least for now. Layer up to the max and it should be manageable. Nothing a couple hand/feet warmers can’t fix. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Same...about.

We suck at winter. Can't even/struggle get a 1-3" clipper these days.

Greenskeeper will weenie me.

Birds -1.5 favorite....

34.jpg

I didn’t even get the pity flakes. I’m ready for the warm up, let’s just get through this weekend then hopefully early spring. I’ve accepted it just ain’t going to snow this year. That bastard groundhog better not see his shadow…