Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2022 Observations

yotaman

45 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Bottomed out at 5 degrees. It’s been a while since it was this cold here lol

Was 19.2 here at noon...been a long time its been under 20 at noon with sunny skies here. .I'm guessing last time was Jan 85. Athens had a high of  22 after a -4 low. 

• Like 2

Low of 19 this morning.

The temp here just before noon was 28.4.

At KSAV, it was only 26 at noon. The 12Z GFS, which was about the warmest model run, had them then at 30. So 4 too warm and it projects a high of 32. The only model too cold then was the CMC's 25, too cold by one. It projects a high near 28. The ICON is near perfect with its 26-27 at noon. It projects a high of 30. 

So, the consensus is for a rise of 2-3 from noon with no more than a 4 rise. All of this implies a good chance of a KSAV high no more than 30 as it stands now. When was the last time KSAV had a high of 30 or lower with mostly sunny skies? Jan 21st of 1985 (27)!

The last sunny Dec day at least that cold was 12/25/1983 (27). No other Dec day with no precip other than 12/25/1983 going back to the 1870s had a high of 30 or colder!!

What's also amazing is that Ft. Pulaski  right on the coast was only 25 and buoys 41004/8, well offshore SC/GA, were only 29/31 at noon!! And that was over SSTs of 70/60!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

60?!

Yup. But as Temps rise outside, heat pump getting warmer. Now up to 66.  It's just a heat pump system that I think is just enough up to code ( it's a new development) where it works fine if the temperature is over 25. Builder went as low cost as possible. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GaWx said:

Low of 19 this morning.

The temp here just before noon was 28.4.

At KSAV, it was only 26 at noon. The 12Z GFS, which was about the warmest model run, had them then at 30. So 4 too warm and it projects a high of 32. The only model too cold then was the CMC's 25, too cold by one. It projects a high near 28. The ICON is near perfect with its 26-27 at noon. It projects a high of 30. 

So, the consensus is for a rise of 2-3 from noon with no more than a 4 rise. All of this implies a good chance of a KSAV high no more than 30 as it stands now. When was the last time KSAV had a high of 30 or lower with mostly sunny skies? Jan 21st of 1985 (27)!

The last sunny Dec day at least that cold was 12/25/1983 (27). No other Dec day with no precip other than 12/25/1983 going back to the 1870s had a high of 30 or colder!!

What's also amazing is that Ft. Pulaski  right on the coast was only 25 and buoys 41004/8, well offshore SC/GA, were only 29/31 at noon!! And that was over SSTs of 70/60!

From noon, KSAV ended up warming a much faster than models 7 F from noon to a high of 33. But that was still a record low high for the date. Also, the 33 with mainly sunshine means only two mainly sunny days since the 1870s had colder highs in December: 27 on 12/25/1983 and 32 on 12/29/1894. Hunter AAF and my house also had highs of 33.

I took two walks (one last evening and one two hours ago) with temperatures in the 28-30 area and wind chills in the teens. Yes, I was the only crazy nut walking around in the two parks I went to, but I loved every minute of them! These were about the coldest I've ever taken in this area. 

I'm now at 28.8.

• Like 1