• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

CTP has me at less than half an inch of snow Friday. I’ll go with the under. 

5 miles to your north in Marysville, CTP has 1 to 2 inches of snow on Friday.

Thursday Night
A chance of rain and snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. North wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. 
Friday
Rain, possibly mixed with snow. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

5 miles to your north in Marysville, CTP has 1 to 2 inches of snow on Friday.

Thursday Night
A chance of rain and snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. North wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. 
Friday
Rain, possibly mixed with snow. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Crazy! 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Gonna have to pick one of the storms.... CMC and GFS have several.    32 and pretty heavy frost this AM. 

I’m sure that we will get a good legit Winter storm to track just as soon as the clocks change just to make us suffer through the extra hour wait for the weather models!

• Haha 3

Mild day to start March we may see some wintry weather before a change to rain on Friday PM. Well the winter months of December-January-February finished warm as we all know - avg. temp was 37.7 degrees. In fact it was the 3rd warmest on record behind only 1932 (39.5) and 2016 (37.8 ) Jan-Feb was the 2nd warmest first 2 months of the year at 39.3 again behind only 1932. February was the 4th warmest in Chester County history at 39.1 behind only 2017 (41.3) 1909 and 2018. Precipitation wise is was the 10th driest February with only 1.42" of water equivalent the driest being the scant 0.73" that fell back in 2002. Snow wise with only 0.5" of snow for the month this was the 11th least snowy February on record with 9 years recording no snow at all during what is our snowiest average month of the year.
Records for today: High 72 (1972) / Low 5 (1980) / Rain 1.45" (1954) / Snow 9.5" (1952)
image.png.38443ed69684065c738e58aca8cdd37f.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The question is, do the clocks change back in fall? 

As of now, yes the clocks will return to standard time in November.  The bill that was approved by the Senate to put us on daylight saving time permanently has so far not been brought up for a vote in the House.  Personally (and I know I'm not alone here), my vote is to either keep the switching as is or switch to standard time permanently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

So, February officially ends up at 40.8 for MDT, second warmest ever.  Friday looks lost.  It's middle-March or bust for the winter it appears.  Not that anything will save it from being a complete bust at this point.  Onward.

yeah, even if we get our pattern change (which I feel will moderate based on tellies not looking so great IMO), its really becoming too little to late for me/others.  Its MORCH and we know all too well about sun angles n stuff, so here today and gone tomorrow really is fine, but not what most of us relish. 

My chasing is about done for the season, so if it happens great....if not, like you said....onward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The question is, do the clocks change back in fall? 

I hope so - I love when it's dark by 5pm in December. I feel like it enhances the holiday spirit for me and it's also an indication that it's winter time...even if the actual weather isn't cooperating. 

Moving the clocks ahead is actually depressing to me. 

Yes, I know that's not a popular opinion and yes I know that I'm weird. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

So, February officially ends up at 40.8 for MDT, second warmest ever.  Friday looks lost.  It's middle-March or bust for the winter it appears.  Not that anything will save it from being a complete bust at this point.  Onward.

Friday was never ours. (might we get some frozen, sure - but it was not going to be a snowstorm in Lanco)

You will enjoy your mid March paste bomb and like it! :)  

• Like 1