• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A bit of a pivot here but what looked like a week of 50's is starting to back pedal a bit.  Most models now only get MDT over 50 Thursday night and maybe Friday depending on front timing. 

I think for me I easily reach 50 Thursday and Friday - would not surprise me if Friday ends up a couple of degrees warmer than Thursday. CTP has me at 56 both days as of now. 

Friday might be a day where there's a pretty big disparity between our temps

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think for me I easily reach 50 Thursday and Friday - would not surprise me if Friday ends up a couple of degrees warmer than Thursday. CTP has me at 56 both days as of now. 

Friday might be a day where there's a pretty big disparity between our temps

I actually will be in the LV on Friday afternoon so I will have a different perspective.  On some models it does not reach 50 on Thursday until after dark (MDT).  GFS a bit earlier.  But it could be 56 at midnight and both are right :-).  But at one point it looked like it could hit 50 Tue on and that does not appear to be happening for everyone.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I actually will be in the LV on Friday afternoon so I will have a different perspective.  On some models it does not reach 50 on Thursday until after dark (MDT).  GFS a bit earlier.  But it could be 56 at midnight and both are right :-).  But at one point it looked like it could hit 50 Tue on and that does not appear to be happening for everyone.  

Probably not - just 39 here at 11:25am.

A bit of a pivot here but what looked like a week of 50's is starting to back pedal a bit.  Most models now only get MDT over 50 Thursday night and maybe Friday depending on front timing. 
I had just noticed that. Yesterday had the entire mid-week to weekend in the 50s. Gone. 52 on Thursday is the topper.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I do.

You pussy. Put on a pair of Lululemon under your skirt and get out there.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Poor training, people will think he got called a name.   No one wants to reach into their pockets and pull out their balls when it is below 40. 

• Haha 1

This map is unbelievable.  This is the entire 384 hour run of the 12z GFS from this morning.  North Carolina has 2 snowstorms depositing almost 24" in a few spots.  Look at PA.  Other than a few spots in the Laurels that receive 1", the entire state gets nothing...and this is the heart of the snow season for us.  Incredible!!

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.png

• Sad 1

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

This map is unbelievable.  This is the entire 384 hour run of the 12z GFS from this morning.  North Carolina has 2 snowstorms depositing almost 24" in a few spots.  Look at PA.  Other than a few spots in the Laurels that receive 1", the entire state gets nothing...and this is the heart of the snow season for us.  Incredible!!

18Z is only a few hours away!  LOL 

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.png

I honestly wonder how much of that is actual snow depth on the ground though. 

• Like 1

Just now, GrandmasterB said:

Guilty. Unfortunately “getting real” this season is a Hail Mary, making its own cold air, needs a perfect track, thread the needle, gone tomorrow, 120 hour model fantasy storm. 

At the beginning of the week the forum was resigned to a punt so big improvement regardless.   There is some less than ideal but good enough cold air just to out NW if anything gets cranking to our east and pulls it in. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.png

And the Canadian, Ukie, and Euro aren't any better.  We are left searching for glimmers of hope in this forgettable winter and yet.......nothing.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

Happy hour GFS doing its thing! The clown map is funny because it gives Harrisburg a 6 hour panel of sleet that accumulates 16”.

Itstrainingtime.  Watch as the low starts to wind up a bit, colder air gets pulled in from the west and above.    Not much there to pull though.   Mid teens in Rou'Ville

image.thumb.png.22fc05267965ff6257fd09a23cfd401b.png

image.thumb.png.28108925fb57090cf3364a144ead9b02.png