• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

7:35a Williamsport Report: It is 2/4/23, the temperature at Montoursville airport is 4 and winds are SW at just 4. We will have a high of around 30 later on. What a rollercoaster -- not that I am complaining that the deep dive in temperature and high winds ended so quickly.

5 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Euro develops the low next Saturday a bit further to our southeast, which gets all of CTP into the snow this run.

41EB7DC1-8E87-4570-8891-34C23C354690.png

5D8C0191-65D1-4B8C-86E3-1A3D86491056.png

C599DB20-E9D1-4383-9E5E-7EB2FB230DB2.png

Lol, nothing really “unique” or “wonky” about the 0z Euro solution.

It looks like a fairly straightforward way that we have a chance to get snow around here….

A chilly morning with our 3rd single digit low of this mild winter season with a low of 9.8 above zero. Today was the 3rd coldest temperature of the winter season and the coldest temperature since the 2.8 degrees above zero temperature on Christmas Eve morning. We should rebound today into the mid 20's with the warmup fully underway tomorrow. We should see upper 40's for high temps for most of the rest of the week with even low 50's possible by Wednesday though Friday. Our next rain chances look to be by Thursday.
The record high for today is 63 degrees from 1991. The record low is 1 below zero set way back in 1898. The daily precipitation record is the 1.35" that fell in 1920. The daily snow record is the 9.1" that fell as part of a 2 day snowstorm in 1995 that resulted in 10.5" of snow. That one storm accounted for all but 3.0" of snow that would fall that entire winter season. That season was sandwiched between the epic ice and snow winter of 1993-94 when we received 45.7" of snow on top of a lot of ice and the snowy winter of 1995-96 when we received 81.9" of snow. At the time that was the 2nd snowiest winter in Chester County history behind only the 95.0" that fell in the winter of 1898-99 . However we would blow past that mark with the 86.7" of snow that fell in 2009-10 and surpass the 80" inch snow total again in 2013-14 with exactly 80.0" of snow recorded in that winter.
image.png.dac4dc16c3e4f7733998ab1252ea9ce9.png
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Hey @Itstrainingtime saw the flight was only slightly delayed. How bumpy was it coming in? 

I was coming on to post about that. One of the more unsettling approaches that I can remember. It was rough...you could definitely feel the tension in the cabin. I will say that once the pilot gor the thing down, he stuck the landing perfectly. Touchdown was smoother than DFW where the weather was ideal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was coming on to post about that. One of the more unsettling approaches that I can remember. It was rough...you could definitely feel the tension in the cabin. I will say that once the pilot gor the thing down, he stuck the landing perfectly. Touchdown was smoother than DFW where the weather was ideal.

Was on a flight back here from DFW in 2008 when they were flying the pencil jets (those trash ERJ-145s). Here we had an early winter storm and they were closing airports up the coast as conditions worsened.  Thought we would get cancelled but they had to get the plane back here to the Piedmont base for a scheduled heavy check. Pilot came out to the gate and said it would be a rough, unpleasant flight and anyone that didn’t want to go would get a free hotel room and a flight the next day. Said there would be no flight attendant service for safety reasons  

I was alone and fairly newly married and wanted to get back to my wife - and not afraid of flying and love it so much - so jumped onboard. 

Probably from an hour and half until landing, it was a ride. Bins opened, luggage flew around. People were openly praying. Worst flight I’ve ever had and I’ve been on probably 500 or so.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Was on a flight back here from DFW in 2008 when they were flying the pencil jets (those trash ERJ-145s). Here we had an early winter storm and they were closing airports up the coast as conditions worsened.  Thought we would get cancelled but they had to get the plane back here to the Piedmont base for a scheduled heavy check. Pilot came out to the gate and said it would be a rough, unpleasant flight and anyone that didn’t want to go would get a free hotel room and a flight the next day. Said there would be no flight attendant service for safety reasons  

I was alone and fairly newly married and wanted to get back to my wife - and not afraid of flying and love it so much - so jumped onboard. 

Probably from an hour and half until landing, it was a ride. Bins opened, luggage flew around. People were openly praying. Worst flight I’ve ever had and I’ve been on probably 500 or so.

Wow. I've never experienced anything like that and I have no real interest of doing so in the future. The experience you had might have been my last flight.

That was only the 2nd time I've been to DFW. First since AT&T Stadium was built, great view of the stadiums on approach. Work crews were still working hard to plow ice off some of the taxiways.