• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z Euro has the Super Bowl Sunday Storm Cut initially before being blocked and moving through Central VA.  The lack of cold air already in place with not enough high support means most of the East Coast is toasted too much despite a low taking a track that would "usually" give us snow in mid-Feb.   It is nothing like the GFS so just more day to day changing as yesterday the Euro had an East coast snow at the end of its run. 

Over the past couple of days there have been enough models during enough model cycles that want to raise my hope level up a few notches...and then I read this from MU today - I'd honestly love for this to be wrong...but he sure is holding steady and seems rather...emphatic:

#PunxsutawneyPhil saw his shadow this morning & predicted 6 more weeks of #WINTER, but I certainly don't agree with his forecast. All signs point toward above-avg temps, in aggregate, & little snow during #February2023.

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Over the past couple of days there have been enough models during enough model cycles that want to raise my hope level up a few notches...and then I read this from MU today - I'd honestly love for this to be wrong...but he sure is holding steady and seems rather...emphatic:

#PunxsutawneyPhil saw his shadow this morning & predicted 6 more weeks of #WINTER, but I certainly don't agree with his forecast. All signs point toward above-avg temps, in aggregate, & little snow during #February2023.

It is certainly a fair assessment if having to make a forecast now, but I am not seeing any crazy torch looks so keeping hopes.  Certainly, no signs of below average temps for any long periods of time over the next 2-3 weeks.   Just more of what we have been dealing with.    We just finished the third warmest Jan ever but the temp never hit 60.    Stuck in the middle ground. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I hate to see early vegetation. And it seems like the more that I've thrown myself into gardening the more aware of it I've become. If we get too warm for a few days over the next few weeks...
#itsmowingtimeagain
Mow on Saturday, you coward lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Havent you guys had more winter than we've had? So if we're getting dicked on six more weeks you're gonna get like a blizzard or two...

That was Flagstaff, which doesn't count in Phoenix. It's been colder that normal here, but for a warmanista like me, a below normal day in Phoenix is better than a normal day back there.

• Thanks 1

24 and a coating of snow in some places around the yard.  Wind blowing it so hard to tell accums.  Top 4 event for the season.   Two overnight GFS runs had several winter precip opportunities on them but most importantly, no torch except when a cutter goes by for a day or so.  0Z GFS was downright frigid at the end.   GEFS supports the no torch. 

• Like 1