Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

13 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

give me a break ten days away. Mid range models suck

so did the look of the nooner LR Ens guidance

and the short terms/ops didnt pick up on southern pa until almost inside 24 hours

Tellies look troubling

other than that.....were good

yours truly,

Debbie

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

so did the look of the nooner LR Ens guidance

and the short terms/ops didnt pick up on southern pa until almost inside 24 hours

Tellies look troubling

other than that.....were good

yours truly,

Debbie

You downer haha I’ve already set my expectations extremely low -2% we see a significant snowstorm :D

43 minutes ago, paweather said:

You downer haha I’ve already set my expectations extremely low -2% we see a significant snowstorm :D

once again I find myself thinking of a previously used polishing turd analogy when looking at our "winter" future.

Yall know thats not how I roll, and I'm usually looking for the way to find snow, but odds look rather low for a flush hit of something appreciable (and not a sneaky cartopper like I barely had this morning).  I want to be wrong in the worst way, and I'll bud in line on the Blizz train if we can find something.  Till then....just going to take a chill pill n roll w/ it. 

I've got a trip to Maine w/ 23 other guys hanging out there in a couple weeks, but am fearful that too may be in trouble if Ens guidance has a clue to the misty distant future (Gadomski ism)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, paweather said:

I’ve canceled until my first significant snowstorm :D

I personally have cancelled nothing, but for the forseeable future its lower odds than we've been dealing with, and that's just being a realist...not a debby (which was used in humor).

• Haha 1

Below are some interesting snow stats for Chester County looking at the Top 25 seasons with the most snow through January 31st and Top 25 with the least snow through the end of January. I then included the total final snowfall for each of those seasons. So far this season we have the 6th least snow through this point in the season. To show you how unusually snowy the current century has been - 6 of the top 25 snowiest starts to winter have all occurred since 2000. Yet, only 2 times with this year being that year have we had a top 25 least snow through January start. This may give cause to pause for those that seem to think it used to snow more back when they were kids!

image.png.22c2b32b9409b6f71ea254488d8b7e04.png

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

What do you consider mid range 140-180lbs ? The fellows don't discriminate in here . My father always told me one sucking mid range model is worth 3 in the bush.

Plus Size Fashion Model In Sexy Swimsuit, Young Fat Woman On Gray Studio  Background, Overweight Female Body, Full Length Portrait Stock Photo,  Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 82732633.

dam, I rather have good short range model that was more reliable and can put out in a nice event like this one 

This 3ft 4in Model Is Breaking All Stereotypes In The ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We all want snow Blizz...we really do. At least I think all of us are snow lovers.

However, the weather will be the weather. And this is a weather forum...all types of weather should be open for free discussion. If this was a record or near record snowy winter...or even just a cold winter, believe me, we'd be talking about it. But it's not. It's been very warm with very little snow. So, as weather enthusiasts, that's what we have to talk about.

I won't put others accountable for their posts, but I'll freely share my thoughts - I'm not going to stop talking about whatever weather happens to be occurring. And if we torch the next few weeks, I'm going to talk about it. And if we're challenging records, I'm going to embrace it. I love extreme weather...sure, I'd rather it be extreme on the cold and snowy side and will celebrate WHEN that happens. Rain, snow, warmth, cold, etc...it's all weather. 

Go back in the thread to the few days surrounding Christmas. There were a TON of posts "celebrating" the cold snap. Again, not speaking for others but the posts spoke for themselves. Please, keep on hunting the next snow...you are free and encouraged to do so. Meanwhile, I'll continue to discuss the weather we're dealing with now. And I'm going to enjoy doing so. 

Great points & insight in your post.

This time of year my feathers get ruffled if we are having a bad snow year. The talk of record heat & torches just get me in a bad mood when I think of the Winter weather that we could be enjoying if the pattern was different.

I have recently embraced enjoying the other seasons over the the last few years. Since getting my home weather station last year, I have enjoyed tracking temperatures, dew points, & precipitation totals.

I will try to embrace non-snow weather in the Winter, but it will not be easy. Hopefully we will be tracking a legit Winter storm soon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Great points & insight in your post.

This time of year my feathers get ruffled if we are having a bad snow year. The talk of record heat & torches just get me in a bad mood when I think of the Winter weather that we could be enjoying if the pattern was different.

I have recently embraced enjoying the other seasons over the the last few years. Since getting my home weather station last year, I have enjoyed tracking temperatures, dew points, & precipitation totals.

I will try to embrace non-snow weather in the Winter, but it will not be easy. Hopefully we will be tracking a legit Winter storm soon.

Im on your team buddy, warning event before end of winter.

• Like 1