Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, and that's why I'm so impressed. 

It was 37 here when I arrived at noon yesterday. The temp has fallen off 12 degrees over the past 21 hours with no increase...just a very slow but steady drop. Little Rock NWS commented this morning how impressive it is because the cold is overperforming all guidance they had. Sounds like they might extend the warning through Thursday AM as a 3rd round of precip comes in later tomorrow. 

can you bring some of that "overperforming" weather back east?

Please and thanks

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, and that's why I'm so impressed. 

It was 37 here when I arrived at noon yesterday. The temp has fallen off 12 degrees over the past 21 hours with no increase...just a very slow but steady drop. Little Rock NWS commented this morning how impressive it is because the cold is overperforming all guidance they had. Sounds like they might extend the warning through Thursday AM as a 3rd round of precip comes in later tomorrow. 

Talk about an unlucky time to go there for meetings. 

• Like 1

On the GFS and CMC, temps at MDT drop from 30ish Friday at 12:01AM to 15 around 7PM later Friday.  The risk of super cold N PA temps for Saturday Am continue to be lessened vs. a few days ago but going to be a cold Friday.   Note that the RGEM still has negatives in far N PA Sat AM.  Big Brother CMC does not. 

Overall, the 12Z GFS is in no means a 100% torch/shutout look.   There are no high potential Neisis snowstorms either.   Just moderately milder than normal on average especially after this weekend...with a few torch days on cutters.    PAweather 540 line is still over or under PA much of the time except when the cutters yank it up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That was one of MU's winter outlook highlights - very little chance of a major snowstorm this winter. 

Which raises a question - if our entire region got an 18"+ snowstorm, how many would then call this winter a success?

For me, success is way out the window now, but I would look at it more like being down 3-0 in the best of 7 and taking the other team to at least 6. 

• Like 1