• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hehe.  I hope Blizz is coming up with something good and not tearing anything down.   I just went to the MA LR looking for the next window and came away feeling defeated.  Going to need my normal Saturday Am Blizz uplift posts tomorrow. 

Thanks, I like where we stand.

We just might be at the perfect latitude to cash in next week.

7 hours ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Lol .  Yes The NES version of Mike Tysons Punch Out,  and the Tyson , Holyfield fight is the architecture of that post.  Around here we all went broke playing Killer Instinct at Trindle Bowl . 

Not sure if you're still into games or fighting games but I'm really excited for Street Fighter 6 coming out in June lol. Though I think a lot of you are way older than me. By the time I was old enough to play arcade machines they were already dying out around here

• Like 2

Seasonal Snow totals for Western Chester County PA from 1888 through 2022 - average seasonal snowfall = 36"
image.thumb.png.968cc99ff1c799d139ecc8e681d29149.png
There are some amazing differences between harrisburg and there maniky in late 1800s to early 1900's and then significantly reversed in 1960s. Im taking about some 5 year spans where one or the other nearly doubled the lesser one with each of the 5 years over by same percentage threshold for the most part. Ill have to look more into it. Do you happen to have the data in excel, google sheets, or a csv file?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

There are some amazing differences between harrisburg and there maniky in late 1800s to early 1900's and then significantly reversed in 1960s. Im taking about some 5 year spans where one or the other nearly doubled the lesser one with each of the 5 years over by same percentage threshold for the most part. Ill have to look more into it. Do you happen to have the data in excel, google sheets, or a csv file?

I remember growing up and wishing I lived farther East than Harrisburg as the snow always seemed to miss us to the East...and then living in Philly in the 90's, I wished I lived back in Harrisburg as it turned to rain too often in Philly.   Those Western Chester (I assume not West Chester) stats have 5 years of 80 or higher (counting the 79.7).  MDT only has one.

image.png.c0cff9fcb36d9757383a273f55dbaccf.png

8 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Let me know how you want me to sent it - email etc?

Yesterday felt chilly in our mild winter but it was still over 4 degrees above normal. We should stay above normal through Monday with several days to follow this week actually staying below normal regarding temperatures. We will have multiple precipitation chances this week...but for now nothing too heavy. The 1st chance Sunday evening will be rain any chances both Tuesday through Thursday would be for snow. For snow lovers across the area the trend on the models is to keep most of the precipitation to the south and southeast of Chester County. That said - the NWS does have small chances of some snow both Tuesday night into Wednesday and on Thursday. By this Friday temps will likely stay below freezing for daytime highs.
The record high for today is 67 degrees set way back in 1914. The record low is 10 below zero from 1925. The record precip and snow was from the 2 day blizzard that began today in 1922 with 18" falling on the 28th and an additional 8" on the 29th equaling the 8th largest snowstorm in our history at 26" of snow. As you can see below on the observation notes from the observer Mr. W.T. Gordon the snow began overnight on the 28th and ended by 10:30am on the 29th. Of note Mr. Gordon was the Superintendent of the Coatesville School District. I found his name and some information from the year 1910 for the district. There were 1,762 students in the district and Mr. Gordon was paid an annual salary of $1,750. That is worth $259,394.26 in compensation today.image.thumb.png.348b6bf5e79d0e15e9cadaf8c58bf9fc.png
  • Like 2

Almost 50 today and now looking at the midrange the cold air got pushed back for forecast time frame now only mid to upper 30s. when yesterday same time frame the same days was in the 20s :( at this point just bring on spring. Im tired of the cold air being pushed back every year for the last few. Why I was surprised we got the few days of artic chill. but even that too only lasted 2-3 days when it was forecasted to last week or 2 at the start.

Elliott's long range forecast released last night was not surprising but certainly discouraging - he sees a chance for a single event late next week that would have a ceiling of a few/several inches if everything worked out perfectly. After a couple of cold days next weekend, he's issuing a spring fever alert for much of February. Basically a full-blown torch for at least a few weeks.

Sitting at 3.3" for the season...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Elliott's long range forecast released last night was not surprising but certainly discouraging - he sees a chance for a single event late next week that would have a ceiling of a few/several inches if everything worked out perfectly. After a couple of cold days next weekend, he's issuing a spring fever alert for much of February. Basically a full-blown torch for at least a few weeks.

Sitting at 3.3" for the season...

That is not as bad as the 30 year punt seen on the MA forum.  

• Haha 1