Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

2 minutes ago, Newman said:

Def moderate snow here. Meso models fail, should've known better myself

While they struggled with this event, they nailed one earlier this season, so I'd say the takeaway is that models are just that...models, and we use accordingly and blend our own logic/consensus and go from there knowing bias/variables/tendencies thereof.  That IS part of the fun of this sport.

• Like 1

While they struggled with this event, they nailed one earlier this season, so I'd say the takeaway is that models are just that...models, and we use accordingly and blend our own logic/consensus and go from there knowing bias/variables/tendencies thereof.  That IS part of the fun of this sport.

Dare I say the GFS won this round? It locked in and never wavered for the last couple days.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paweather said:

GFS and Euro for the win! Mod snow 1" 

GFS for sure if Cashtown’s saying he has almost 4”. That was about the only model that was consistently showing that kind of snow that far into the LSV while keeping the widespread advisory totals in the rest of central PA. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

GFS for sure if Cashtown’s saying he has almost 4”. That was about the only model that was consistently showing that kind of snow that far into the LSV while keeping the widespread advisory totals in the rest of central PA. 

I got a quick 2 inches first hour. it slowed up a bit but still coming down.

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

The roads are incredibly bad in some spots around my neck of the woods.

They are definitely covered here.   it came down fast for a good 45 min here.  I think we missed a band that may have been better directed east of us.  And like I said, the sleet.  I think @Chris78 had similar totals as me.  I do not use a snow board so not a professional measurement but about 1 1/2".  Not 2"

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

They are definitely covered here.   it came down fast for a good 45 min here.  I think we missed a band that may have been better directed east of us.  And like I said, the sleet.  I think @Chris78 had similar totals as me.  I do not use a snow board so not a professional measurement but about 1 1/2".  Not 2"

Over 2” in CV/Fairfield via the mrs and yeah it's interesting to see some other spots with the jack this time. 

• Like 1

At 12:00pm here in Carlisle, the very heavy snow for most of the past hour has tapered down to just light.  The temp has risen to 32.5 degrees.  During the past hour, 1.5" of new snow has fallen bringing the storm total thus far to 2.3".  The average snowfall rate of the past hour has been 1.5" / hour which consisted of a rate of 2.4"/hr during the first 15 minutes between 11:00 and 11:15am.

Overall, exceeding 2" with the grass totally covered makes this a "win" regardless of the final outcome.  With the temp slightly above freezing now it will be harder/slower to accumulate as we are also at the peak sun angle of the day.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Between 1/2 - 1" in Columbia...definitely shy of 1" though. Snow is light to moderate but doesn't seem to be accumulating much. Roads are improving quickly. 

Yep went from heavy to mod snow here. 441 over Chickies always is bad at the onset of heavy snow burst like we had.

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Sometimes I am in a prime spot.  There was one last year (I think) where I got over 20" and Cashtown was nowhere near that total despite being so close. 

I think you’re talking about the storm 2 years ago? Haha we didn’t have that last year, but Thurmont up to you got 20” while Westminster got like 8 and Fairfield maybe 12-14”

28 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Dare I say the GFS won this round? It locked in and never wavered for the last couple days.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dare I say I agree.  It has done pretty well wrt how this has unfolded.  That's good, cause the 12z says, lots more model watching to come in the next couple weeks.  Not a fabulous look, but enough cold and storms looming that we should be able to have a couple more chances.