• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Just now, pasnownut said:

I think we all know there are far more important things to worry about in life, but for a serious snow weenie/weather enthusiast that takes a lot of time in search of, some of us that put much time into it get a little testy when peeps come in and slap us in a "moment of weaknes".  Feel free to post here more, and then we'll enjoy watching you take some lumps like we do.  ;)

BTW its snowing almost everywhere in our forum....so all is right in the world for a little bit.

Well I should have added more context… to be fair. I was looking at obs and dews and with snow down to northern VA, I was pretty confident the column would support snow when it did make it to the LanCo folks :) 

it’s been a long season. I got my buddy complaining daily to me about the drought we’ve been in, and not having a real “big one” since 2016 has worn on our patience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

Well I should have added more context… to be fair. I was looking at obs and dews and with snow down to northern VA, I was pretty confident the column would support snow when it did make it to the LanCo folks :) 

it’s been a long season. I got my buddy complaining daily to me about the drought we’ve been in, and not having a real “big one” since 2016 has worn on our patience.

But as you know, many in here (maybe you as well) have been searching for the next big one since 2016, and some of us have had VERY little ROI on that investment.  I think you understand my point without further disco.  

Just now, pasnownut said:

But as you know, many in here (maybe you as well) have been searching for the next big one since 2016, and some of us have had VERY little ROI on that investment.  I think you understand my point without further disco.  

Absolutely. I’ve cut back my forum time for that very reason, it can get unhealthy lol. Thank God I have 2 young kids to keep me busy when the long range looks sour :) 

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

Absolutely. I’ve cut back my forum time for that very reason, it can get unhealthy lol. Thank God I have 2 young kids to keep me busy when the long range looks sour :) 

Its a wise move in challenging years.  I've done the same but many here spend a lot of time all year and have a rather balanced perspective all year round.  It was unhealthy for me a couple times in the past, and I too have adjusted my perspective and feel much better about "wasting time for snow".  

Hope your kids get to make a snowball today. 

At 11:00am in Carlisle, there continues to be heavy snow falling.  The temperature is 31.5 degrees with a dew point of 30.  In the past 40 minutes 0.8" of snow has fallen giving a storm total of 0.8".  The rate of snowfall during the past 40 minutes has been 1.2" per hour.  Grass is now about halfway covered.  Looks beautiful out there.

• Like 5