• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I haven’t been on the forum much recently due to picking up a part time job with the school district.  I’m running LIU students around.   My runs starts in Cashtown, goes to Hanover, up to Dover and finally last drop is Hallam exit of 30.   I have the run today since York County schools never closed.  Fun times ahead.  

Yea, a lot of schools still in.  That is quite a bit of driving.  Safe travels. 

3 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I haven’t been on the forum much recently due to picking up a part time job with the school district.  I’m running LIU students around.   My runs starts in Cashtown, goes to Hanover, up to Dover and finally last drop is Hallam exit of 30.   I have the run today since York County schools never closed.  Fun times ahead.  

Do a couple donuts in a big parking lot w/ the kids.  You'll instantly be the fav bus driver to 75%, and the other 25%....well...good luck w/ them. :P

• Haha 3

Yep, just as those to my southwest have reported, i had flurries on and off from 10:00-10:20, then it's like someone hit the heavy switch and it started up and within minutes increased to heavy.  Wow!  Ground is beginning to whiten.  Temp has dropped from 33.6 to 32.2 and will go below freezing very soon.  It looks great out there!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Did I say that? What a silly reply. My point is those who say it’s not going to snow or be a shut out when you have obs on your doorstep of SN/SN+ and radar shows a batch moving your way…it’s not going to be a shutout. 

Understood, but you started off with a negative (I'm disappointed...) comment about the posters in here using models. Please understand that there have been times THIS SEASON when it snowed in Adams/Franklin counties and when that area of precip moved in here...

It was rain. 

Just because snow is moving towards me doesn't mean it's going to snow at my house. I'm smart enough to know that as well. 

Not a silly response from me. I know how hard it is to get snow. Don't tell me differently. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Understood, but you started off with a negative (I'm disappointed...) comment about the posters in here using models. Please understand that there have been times THIS SEASON when it snowed in Adams/Franklin counties and when that area of precip moved in here...

It was rain. 

Just because snow is moving towards me doesn't mean it's going to snow at my house. I'm smart enough to know that as well. 

Not a silly response from me. I know how hard it is to get snow. Don't tell me differently. 

Not a silly response at all, the post that started this discussion was not cool IMO.   People in Lanco have every right to be gun shy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Not sure how much he stops in here, but I think most of us regulars try to share a mix of models and logic and try to boil it down (bad terminology I know) that makes reasonable sense, and thats what we share w/ the masses. 

And for the weenie posts, many here know that they are just that, and meant often for fun and not forecasts.  We ARE better than that. 

Of course, I’ve been a member here for 10 years… all I’m saying is there were 1 or 2 folks who should, if for no other reason than common sense check out the radar rather than saying the NAM shows 0 over me :) 

That brings up a secondary weenie rule to not trust the NAM to begin with…

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Now snowing in Lebanon...Dauphin...York...Adams...Franklin...Cumberland counties...

#stillwaitinginLanco

Just wait till it starts soon, then goes to heavy within 10 minutes.  Looks great here with heavy, smaller flakes.  I'd say snow rate probably near 1" / hr.  Down to 31.3 with 0.5" on the board, and a little bit of a breeze as well.

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not a silly response at all, the post that started this discussion was not cool IMO.   People in Lanco have every right to be gun shy. 

Maybe I shouldn’t have been disappointed and worded it differently…gun shy about snow though? It’s not a matter of life and death is it :P

Proof that we are in dire need of a forum wide crusher that satisfies our snow weenie desires

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Maybe I shouldn’t have been disappointed and worded it differently…gun shy about snow though? It’s not a matter of life and death is it :P

Proof that we are in dire need of a forum wide crusher that satisfies our snow weenie desires

I think we all know there are far more important things to worry about in life, but for a serious snow weenie/weather enthusiast that takes a lot of time in search of, its not unfair for some of us to get a little testy when peeps come in and slap us in a "moment of weaknes".  Feel free to post here more, and then we'll enjoy watching you take some lumps like we do.  ;)

BTW its snowing almost everywhere in our forum....so all is right in the world for a little bit.

• Like 1