• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

21 minutes ago, Ruin said:

Hmm maybe im wrong but I always thought mid morning middle of the morning 6-7-8ish latest 9 and on I would of thought is late morning 

I was thinking waking hours for morning 6- 8, 8-10, and 10-12.  Some model depictions have both a MSLP (pressure)/Precip option as well as a Radar option so you can see what they are predicting virga wise.  The GFS on TT has this.  MSLP and Precip is predicting actual precip on the ground while radar will often show the virga.

image.png.110a72fcb9f041c28f4e6c8184d3038e.png

511 cams showing it snowing all the way to the WV state line on I-79 in SW PA with grassy accums starting, with the highway caving about 15 miles up the road in Waynesburg. The 6z 3k NAM and RGEM already looking pretty bad there (had 0 snow in SW PA). Will have to see how that translates to the Sus Valley when the precip gets there. 

511PA79.thumb.png.78a4bcbe8afcfbee326545a2bc32619b.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

511 cams showing it snowing all the way to the WV state line on I-79 in SW PA with grassy accums starting, with the highway caving about 15 miles up the road in Waynesburg. The 6z 3k NAM and RGEM already looking pretty bad there (had 0 snow in SW PA). Will have to see how that translates to the Sus Valley when the precip gets there. 

511PA79.thumb.png.78a4bcbe8afcfbee326545a2bc32619b.png

NAM looks to have pooped the preverbal bed early on IMO.  Heres 8am map depiction, and as per what I/you just shared...its already happenin in many places that the NAM said it wouldnt be yet.

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_7.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Bones said:

Moderate snow. Picked up close to an inch. Temp currently sitting at 25

Welcome and enjoy.  Googlin rockton to see where you are.

Edit - found you....you are just south of arguably my favorite motorcycle/road trip...Straub Brewery.  Love that friggin place.  Drink one for me if you go there.

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was thinking waking hours for morning 6- 8, 8-10, and 10-12.  Some model depictions have both a MSLP (pressure)/Precip option as well as a Radar option so you can see what they are predicting virga wise.  The GFS on TT has this.  MSLP and Precip is predicting actual precip on the ground while radar will often show the virga.

image.png.110a72fcb9f041c28f4e6c8184d3038e.png

what does this have to do when mid to late morning is?

Welcome and enjoy.  Googlin rockton to see where you are.

Edit - found you....you are just south of arguably my favorite motorcycle/road trip...Straub Brewery.  Love that friggin place.  Drink one for me if you go there.

Make that trip often in the summer. Good times. I am not far as the crow flies from S.B. Elliott State Park.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Latest HRRR with rain/snow start for central LSV 10ish still....10:1 is about 1.5" higher at MDT.  This is Kuch.

image.png.3c23e84922b733e9e5fb2eeb664e7d8d.png

Yuck.  But this is the way I see it playing out, unfortunately.  I'll be off scouring the models for the next thread-the-needle event that's sure to let us down ha.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Old Bones said:

Make that trip often in the summer. Good times. I am not far as the crow flies from S.B. Elliott State Park.

After further review, I have a friend that grew up in Houtzdale, and I get up there several times a year with him.  Beautiful area.  Enjoy.

32 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yuck.  But this is the way I see it playing out, unfortunately.  I'll be off scouring the models for the next thread-the-needle event that's sure to let us down ha.

I say the same....yet here we are. 

We're only 2 good runs away from hearing the big model worship vaccuum sound.  :lol:

• Haha 2