• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You might very well be right! As of now, none of us can say with any certainty how much or how little it will snow in our general area. We all have opinions and there's reasons behind all of them.

I do find it somewhat humorous that you've been bashing the GFS most of this season, but now that's "forecasting" the most snow...you support it. :) 

According to the handbook in Chapter 2, section 3, paragraph 1….

Hug the model that shows the most snow for your own yard!

Yes, I have recently bashed the GFS, especially in the medium & long range. The short range can’t be discounted. I am also giving it credit for consistency with this storm for days.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I dunno if I’d call it straight-forward haha, at least the part that ultimately matters (snow on the ground).  GFS is getting good snow to the LSV and even SW PA because it focuses the preceding warm advection snowfall there instead of a thinner stripe across northern PA as the higher res short range models and the Euro have been showing. I tend to think there will be better coverage with a system like this to deliver something closer to a Euro type solution but I’m not currently buying the full GFS type scenario that has some of the best totals actually in southern PA and some of the Sus Valley. I mentioned in my post in the last page that will have to see how radar trends go tonight and how well the meso guidance is modeling it. The WAA stuff is the key part of seeing any notable accums (advisory type amounts) in southern PA. 

Good points! 
What I meant as far as “straightforward” just refers to this storm not having a “complicated” secondary low, low transfer or upper low to factor in to this event.

The GFS might have a chance tomorrow of coming close to verifying.

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

According to the handbook in Chapter 2, section 3, paragraph 1….

Hug the model that shows the most snow for your own yard!

Yes, I have recently bashed the GFS, especially in the medium & long range. The short range can’t be discounted. I am also giving it credit for consistency with this storm for days.

I’m all in with chapter two

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Rain turning to snow (snow mostly West and S/W of MDT) spreads into the LSV between 10 and 11 tomorrow on the 0Z HRRR.  Quick glance at the snow map shows a similar setup to 18Z.  Snow does not make much inroads S/E of Harrisburg. 

Roads won’t cave I doubt regardless so whatever. 

2 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I noticed about 2 days ago the spring bulbs Dafodills, narcissus are out of the ground about a half inch. Also in late December it was after 9:00am before I'd see the sun peeking over the mountain, now this morning it was 8:42am that I seen the sun. So we're moving in the right direction.

Lots of trees down here have buds. 

• Like 1

Snowboard is deployed. Some early clearing has allowed for some rad cooling and temps are down to 26/23ºF currently. 

I just want at least 4 inches, some pingers to anchor the pack, and shut it down with the dry slot. All I ask for out of this system haha. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

Snowboard is deployed. Some early clearing has allowed for some rad cooling and temps are down to 26/23ºF currently. 

I just want at least 4 inches, some pingers to anchor the pack, and shut it down with the dry slot. All I ask for out of this system haha. 

My goal for this storm is 3 for my yard & 2 for MDT.

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Looks like the 0z 3k NAM is at least looking a lot more like the HRRR, finally. Still pretty generous on pingers and ZR but it’s finally addressing the CAD setup in south-central east of the Alleghenies. 

image.thumb.png.2d1218fff24c0decfd3e61c5f0e3825f.png

image.thumb.png.ea8ca3f655f2e386f236913b60c19a26.png

Yes, both 0z NAMs had a major improvement for the Harrisburg area and Cumberland, Dauphin & Lebanon counties.

C2518901-B1B5-4DDF-AA7E-DBD941735991.png

4 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Looks like the 0z 3k NAM is at least looking a lot more like the HRRR, finally. Still pretty generous on pingers and ZR but it’s finally addressing the CAD setup in south-central east of the Alleghenies. 

image.thumb.png.2d1218fff24c0decfd3e61c5f0e3825f.png

Sheesh might be a non event here when it's all said and done. I guess just hope for a bust.