• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Steady precip has started to blossom and overspread from the SW and mercifully it has quickly turned to wet snow here. This after a damp and dreary afternoon that saw about a tenth of light rain/drizzle and temps floating between 32-33ºF. Anything on the ground overnight would be welcome here after the disorganized mess this system has been today. 

HRRR seems to have been handling predicting the evolution of this generation of the precip shield associated with the strengthening coastal low fairly well this evening and suggests a 2-4 hr period of heavier snow overnight in the central counties trying to push a changeover into some of the Sus Valley. My thoughts from earlier haven’t changed (keeping accums elevational and NW of I-81), but I could see some flakes making it into Harrisburg eventually before daybreak. 

HRRR accums.. I think it’s a relatively reasonable map. 

image.thumb.png.2dcac022a3a760d8ac0daff9b0ee9cc0.png

Seen NWS is going for 3-7 inches on Wednesday.

Wednesday Snow before 4pm, then rain and snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 36. Light east wind becoming southeast 13 to 18 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

12 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Seen NWS is going for 3-7 inches on Wednesday.

Wednesday Snow before 4pm, then rain and snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 36. Light east wind becoming southeast 13 to 18 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

The 0z Euro & 6z GFS continue to look good for Wednesday and agree with CTP.

036985A0-8DB7-41EC-80FB-FD0BE894AD15.png

211A61A7-B934-434A-B601-283B9A606F17.png

E83BC073-8835-4197-B86E-1D8702653AEC.png

• Like 2

Here is the sort of surprising zone forecast for Southern Lycoming. To me, heavy snow is a lot more than 3-7:

Wednesday
Snow. Snow may be heavy at times. Heavy snow accumulation. Highs in the mid 30s. Southeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Here is forecast for South Williamsport:

Wednesday
Snow, mainly after 7am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 34. Light east wind becoming southeast 13 to 18 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.