• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

13 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

This has been slowly creeping the wrong way.  Played this song too many times.

I am not on the "played this song too many times" bandwagon as I think each threat is individual, but you are right in that the situation looked a bit better 24-48 hours ago. (LSV.)  

Speaking of the Chruch storm.   The CMC change in snow coverage over the last 24 hours as an example:

0Z Yesterday

image.png.636675365b23650c29dfb0a6cff5ff8f.png

0Z Today

image.png.40fb07750d55dc113569e01266fbde69.png

24 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Never want to be on the SE edge of the blues...like, almost never does that work out. Now we're actually on the outside looking in for the blue area. 

Doesn't mean it won't come back, but as you said VERY accurately, that's not the way this usually works out. 

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not on the "played this song too many times" bandwagon as I think each threat is individual, but you are right in that the situation looked a bit better 24-48 hours ago. (LSV.)  

Speaking of the Chruch storm.   The CMC change in snow coverage over the last 24 hours as an example:

0Z Yesterday

image.png.636675365b23650c29dfb0a6cff5ff8f.png

0Z Today

image.png.40fb07750d55dc113569e01266fbde69.png

I agree in principle with you. :) 

But, I think the odds are tilted very strongly against those of us SE of MDT. Hope I'm wrong!

No I don't - I'm going to Philly Sunday night. Go team rain! (after midnight Sunday, it can snow like the dickens the rest of the winter)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I agree in principle with you. :) 

But, I think the odds are tilted very strongly against those of us SE of MDT. Hope I'm wrong!

No I don't - I'm going to Philly Sunday night. Go team rain! (after midnight Sunday, it can snow like the dickens the rest of the winter)

Ha.  I just do not like that the "snow fall line" has moved from well into VA up into SE PA. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Ha.  I just do not like that the "snow fall line" has moved from well into VA up into SE PA. 

Exactly. Most times...not all, but certainly more than enough, we want to be in the middle of the zone or even on the northern edge when we do well. Riding the southern/SE edge has not worked out for us in the past. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

and thats why I said yesterday that we may not be good for the "church" storm, but while it's creepin the wrong way, its still getting a lot closer to being good for us.  thats they point I've been trying to make.

• Like 1

as we try to decide if we are gonna take sleigh or boat to church, the normal upslopers look to get a fresh coating of white stuff in advance of it.

(map shown for visual appeal and NOT a forecast).  Cant believe we still have to type a disclaimer so deep into weather discos, but some think we print out pics of snowmaps and tape them to windows waiting to verify.  

namconus_asnow_neus_22.png

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

as we try to decide if we are gonna take sleigh or boat to church, the normal upslopers look to get a fresh coating of white stuff in advance of it.

(map shown for visual appeal and NOT a forecast).  Cant believe we still have to type a disclaimer so deep into weather discos, but some think we print out pics of snowmaps and tape them to windows waiting to verify.  

namconus_asnow_neus_22.png

Just bring that down a few notches south. 

• Like 1

It Looks like a thunderstorm is brewing outside LOL.
That's from all the blasphemy going on in here by describing the potential weather event as #ChurchStorm2K23.

YHWH IC XC FLYNG SKTI MNSTR doesn't play that. Y'all heathens need to base the weather off of other crap you won't be going to.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

That's from all the blasphemy going on in here by describing the potential weather event as #ChurchStorm2K23.

YHWH IC XC FLYNG SKTI MNSTR doesn't play that. Y'all heathens need to base the weather off of other crap you won't be going to.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

My intention was just to suggest church service could be affected.   No heathenery intended. 

6 hours ago, Ruin said:

im in south central PA and the start of fall went from like 86 the day before down to the 60s for the next 2 weeks. we had people at work complaining how it sucked going from really hot weather to chilly out of no where. Mind you these were older people. it even then became even colder down to the 50s for a good week when we should of been in the low 70s.

It seemed colder to me too, in part because we somewhat abruptly shifted to cooler temps around the 20th or 21st of September, as opposed to having the summer-like temps extend well into October. Our September temps for the last 10 days or so (and extending into early October) were normal to below normal.

We had milder periods throughout October and November but if memory serves those were, again, interspersed throughout a baseline of normal and occasionally below-normal temps (in contrast to the “new normal” well above average temps of recent years)

December was so busy it went by in a blur but my very imperfect memory suggests it was *close* to normal but on the milder side throughout most of the month. So fall (IMBY at least) seemed to be on the cooler side this year but December seemed more a continuation of fall than the start of met winter. 

ETA: Not to stray too far off topic, I’m looking forward to the end of next week and the possibility (finally!) of seeing some snowy weather. If we get a solid couple weeks of opportunities and some hits out of those, and maybe a couple more weeks with enough cold to maintain some snowpack, I’ll be looking at this as a decent winter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z GFS was an improvement for the North and N W 2/3 of the state.  Still a Rainer for the LSV.  Low cuts from the Gulf up just West of the Apps and is then blocked/reforms off the Delmarva.  Gets too far North for the MA and LSV. 

Euro still hanging on lets hope for 12z. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z GFS was an improvement for the North and N W 2/3 of the state.  Still a Rainer for the LSV.  Low cuts from the Gulf up just West of the Apps and is then blocked/reforms off the Delmarva.  Gets too far North for the MA and LSV. 

CMC "looks" like it might do the same type of deal - need to see the next 2 panels yet though...

Interesting article.  I know many of us probably feel frustration when trying to talk about the weather in a rational way.  Everyone seems to only want to use catch phrases.  "What time will the atmospheric river be over my house?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/18/science/weather-forecasts-language.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur