• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

16 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

Checked weather folklore. When you get thunderstorms in January expect snow in 7 to 10 days after the thunderstorms. So we will put this to the test to see if it has merit.

Yes, I have heard this folklore in the past and have seen it work out from time to time. Let’s see if it holds true at the end of next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

They.0z Canadian shows the potential for next Sunday with a storm tracking under us.

The Euro has some front-end WAA snow for the 19th storm as well as the follow up a few days later.  Neither are ideal but something to watch.  Euro snow map shows 1-2" of snow before change for you. 

image.thumb.png.b0251d9831cd763f535fc3112b17ad41.png

• Like 1

Since I got my WS-5000 weatherstation I have been doing comparison on temps against my other Accu rite weatherstation. I have both within 5 feet of each other. I'm impressed with the sensitivity on the temps, wind and humidity dewpoint etc. on the WS-5000.  The Accu Rite is mounted about 6 foot above the ground, the WS-5000 is mounted above the ground at 9 foot (to catch the wind better) I know I have never seen a gust above 24mph on the accu rite since I had it about 3 years. Both are within a degree or less of each other most of the time with the ws-5000 sometimes reading higher in temps. But the wind is imo picked up and I think more accurate then the Accu rite. Also the humidity is accurate on the ws-5000. The Accu rite transmits in about every 15 seconds vs the WS-5000 that transmits in less then 5 seconds. I'm happy with the WS-5000. So bring on summer and lets see those high temp reading that I will get.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Since I got my WS-5000 weatherstation I have been doing comparison on temps against my other Accu rite weatherstation. I have both within 5 feet of each other. I'm impressed with the sensitivity on the temps, wind and humidity dewpoint etc. on the WS-5000.  The Accu Rite is mounted about 6 foot above the ground, the WS-5000 is mounted above the ground at 9 foot (to catch the wind better) I know I have never seen a gust above 24mph on the accu rite since I had it about 3 years. Both are within a degree or less of each other most of the time with the ws-5000 sometimes reading higher in temps. But the wind is imo picked up and I think more accurate then the Accu rite. Also the humidity is accurate on the ws-5000. The Accu rite transmits in about every 15 seconds vs the WS-5000 that transmits in less then 5 seconds. I'm happy with the WS-5000. So bring on summer and lets see those high temp reading that I will get.

If you often get higher than Voyager, the spookiness will really hit home.  

13 hours ago, Voyager said:

Sure seems like it. If only my parents had moved to Florida instead of Arizona...

I already broke out the pic of me building a small snow man there, so I assume you have seen?  :-).  It snowed in Ocala over the holidays this year.  No accums this time.   Ocala probably has more snow on the board this season than some areas of SE PA. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I already broke out the pic of me building a small snow man there, so I assume you have seen?  :-).  It snowed in Ocala over the holidays this year.  No accums this time.   Ocala probably has more snow on the board this season than some areas of SE PA. 

I know it can snow in Florida, but it's nothing like Flagstaff and the AZ high country snows. I think technically, some locations up there are classified as an Alpine climate. 

Side note on the Christmas cold snap, some said there were flurries at the Dolphins game. Not sure if that was actually verified, though. 

*edit - I guess it actually did flurry in Miami that day*

• Like 3

Lots of punting going on in the MA LR thread.  Not sure why.... we have model snowstorms at 8-10 days all winter, that rarely materialize, so hard to take stock in progs showing conditions out beyond that.  We get one situation where the forum has a foot or more storm and the winter is saved.   Are the tellies always right with warm but never right with cold? I actually saw some postmortems about THIS WINTER!  LOL.  Come on....

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lots of punting going on in the MA LR thread.  Not sure why.... we have model snowstorms at 8-10 days all winter, that rarely materialize, so hard to take stock in progs showing conditions out beyond that.  We get one situation where the forum has a foot or more storm and the winter is saved.   Are the tellies always right with warm but never right with cold? I actually saw some postmortems about THIS WINTER!  LOL.  Come on....

Exactly, thank you!

Also, to me the advertised pattern looks like it could produce storminess & just cold enough temps for us to score in CTP once we get to the last 10 days of the month.

I have no interest in Arctic cold with the occasional snow shower. Give me a pattern with chances and hopefully we score on some opportunities.

• Like 3