• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My forecast is for a mix of rain and snow with a low of 34. Not terribly excited at this point.

Then again...if see a trace, that will be the first time this season I've seen snow on the ground.

Not sure I'll be staying up to watch/witness the flakes.  Meso's look paltry at best.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

There is a small yet decent little area of precip in western PA moving to the east.

Hopefully many of us wake up to at least a dusting or coating of snow tomorrow.

Funny, but every model you posted tonight has me close to or at 1.5".  Any snow is hard to believe at the moment with scattered cirrus filtering the just-past-full moon.  That allowed my temp to drop to 33.6 about 10 minutes ago, but it now has suddenly risen to 34.3.  That must mean the clouds are increasing.  A white coating would be nice to wake up to, but who wants to guess how long it lasts?  Current dew point is 29.1 and the wet bulb is 31.6.  That doesn't bode well for much evaporative cooling although it would certainly accumulate at 33 during the night. 

• Like 1

Well, we’re snowing and at 31/27ºF here with dusting so far. Wasn’t really any virga issues from the arriving echoes on CCX radar. So we’ll see how this goes. I haven’t been particularly impressed with this threat but it seems like radar trends are good (better than HRRR presentation) and this should send a 2-4hr period of precip across C-PA generally from I-80 south, with a relatively narrow swath of light accums. Would imagine T-1” will be the rule with some of the western/central ridges maybe seeing 2”. Mesowest LSV temps in the mid-upper 30s from H-burg south so onset might be an issue with regard to p-type. 

still 39 here I dont know how we are forecasted to get down to 27? any one else having this problems models have been not only wrong about systems precip wise but as well with temps. last 2 weeks after the cold freeze we had. our over night lows have got no where near forecast. mostly cause strangely even with no systems around we get cloud cover 

The turnpike has caved from Breezewood through about Tuscarora Tunnel area. Pretty heavy rates by the looks of the 511 cameras. This heavier area of precip should get into the Harrisburg area pretty soon and I’d imagine it should be heavy enough to fall as and/or quickly become snow. 

511PA1.thumb.png.988bbc4226781a98c6cc7256b0a3f060.png

Deeper echos forming Atm from Nyesville to around Cashtown, although Cashtown is all rain atm if the r/s line is being depicted properly.  Looking like a good quick hit incoming for All Harrisburg Area in the next half hour.  Good and quick as a Inch or two that may be gone by sunrise lol:thumbsdown: . lucky for me A inch or two is all I need to submerge my full on .

• Like 1