• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think we are advanced enough here to look beyond the zones which are more for non-weather public.  Just as likely we get 16" as 1/2" I would think. 

Yup. I agree. Just putting it out there for discussion. Last night they had Tamaqua at 24 for the high on Friday, and this morning it was 38...lol

• Like 1

That Lanco county inverted trough years ago - I woke up that morning with clear skies and dry roads. No snow had been forecast and I was zoned out on even the possibility of anything happening the previous night. I'm driving to work, heading down Chickies on 441 into Columbia, and while crossing over 30 I see this car heading westbound towards York with deep snow on their roof. I thought they came from Buffalo or something - I get to the office and find several call offs, all from workers near Lancaster and all of them saying they can't make it in due to heavy snow. I'm like "WHAT?!?!?!"
I ran into a friend who lives in Manheim Twp. who casually comments that he picked up 12" of snow overnight.
We live 13 miles apart. To my knowledge my skies were clear the entire night.
Talk about being pissed...

I had a house in Mannheim Township. We were out of town, and I missed one of the flukiest snowfalls you will see in Lancaster. Friends came over to clear the sidewalk and driveway for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superstorm said:

I had a house in Mannheim Township. We were out of town, and I missed one of the flukiest snowfalls you will see in Lancaster. Friends came over to clear the sidewalk and driveway for us.

Even though I was on the outside looking in, I can't imagine a more anomalous weather event around these parts in my lifetime.

Huge changes twds the Euro/CMC look

Someone got a fork?  We may need one soon.

Not saying it can come back but model consensus has been trending the wrong way.  Only possible savior could be where the models are forcing the SLP to pop back in Tennessee, and with all of that energy hitting the coast, you'd think the coastal pop would be more likely, but thats all i got for ya.

Scratches head and goes back to chores.

• Like 1

Just now, pasnownut said:

Huge changes twds the Euro/CMC look

Someone got a fork?  We may need one soon.

Not saying it can come back but model consensus has been trending the wrong way.  Only possible savior could be where the models are forcing the SLP to pop back in Tennessee, and with all of that energy hitting the coast, you'd think the coastal pop would be more likely, but thats all i got for ya.

Scratches head and goes back to chores.

Yep pretty clear now the king that we know knew this early on. OK time to do something fun today. 

4 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

When Euro was persistently locked in on a cutter, I knew GFS was fools gold.

and as i look at nooner CMC out to 120 it has a much flatter look and lost the bigtime cutter look....so far.  Likely still cuts but maybe a slight step in a better direction.

Just a couple model runs, but rather dizzying IMO

13 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

and as i look at nooner CMC out to 120 it has a much flatter look and lost the bigtime cutter look....so far.  Likely still cuts but maybe a slight step in a better direction.

Just a couple model runs, but rather dizzying IMO

Yes, let’s see where things go over the next 48 hours before anything locks in.

20 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've been patiently waiting for your final tally. 1.68" was my final total. MJS for the W...

I was listening to a met discussion online a little while ago - this guy says there's virtually no chance of an east coast storm next week. Almost a lock any storm will cut. Went on to say that a white Christmas can be salvaged with the arctic front and snow squalls...but he seems convinced that a coastal storm is NOT happening. 

We shall see. 

I really should have mentioned who I was listening to yesterday. It was Eric Webb. I like him. I tend to keep my expectations in line with his thoughts and it usually works out well. Things can still change (!) but he's looking pretty good right now. He's insisted the ridging has been too far west for an east coast storm and it has been for days.

• Like 1

Another worry for Bills players in fantasy (and Miami) 
I'm in week #1 of fantasy playoffs. I have Jalen Waddle, Raheem Mostert, Tua Tagovailoa, and Gabe Davis on my rosters. Tua is backup to Jalen Hurts, and Mostert is a backup to the Davis kid from Green Bay, but Davis and Waddle see time every week.

Except this one. My opponent has Josh Allen, Stefan Diggs, and hopefully no clue.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk