• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Thats who has Gricar
I play poker with Gricar. He likes to be called "Cheese tits" and nobody has had the temerity to ask hwy, but when a dude whose been missing for 20+ years because he was about five minutes from taking down an entire college football lineage asks you to call him "Cheese tits," you call him "Cheese tits."

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I play poker with Gricar. He likes to be called "Cheese tits" and nobody has had the temerity to ask hwy, but when a dude whose been missing for 20+ years because he was about five minutes from taking down an entire college football lineage asks you to call him "Cheese tits," you call him "Cheese tits."

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Does he hum Goodnight Irene?

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Here is the wundermap.  Seems western and eastern LSV near 40....central LSV holding mid 30's.  MDT 37 and CXY 39. 

image.png.d91acaaa045236e94c041a89af733c55.png

Still 35 here dunno how these weather stations can be that off from where I'm at 35 here 

• Like 2

18z HRRR. Don't take the 10:1 snow map literally, instead see it as where the line for where predominately frozen precip will fall vs not. The HRRR is MUCH more generous and cooler aloft compared to the NAM. The NAM drives a warm nose aloft into the region while the HRRR is very stubborn to keep it tamed

image.thumb.png.85aaf00577e3f124a6f3e86667819786.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newman said:

18z HRRR. Don't take the 10:1 snow map literally, instead see it as where the line for where predominately frozen precip will fall vs not. The HRRR is MUCH more generous and cooler aloft compared to the NAM. The NAM drives a warm nose aloft into the region while the HRRR is very stubborn to keep it tamed

LOL,  you have almost no chance of that being taken to heart (highlighted) 

6 minutes ago, Newman said:

image.thumb.png.85aaf00577e3f124a6f3e86667819786.png

I hate this map

59 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is 37 at MDT and 39 at Capital City AND Indiantown Gap (way north) but only 36 at Thomasville.    The Dp at Indiantown is 14 while it is 20 at Capital City.  That is a big difference. 

No what I'm saying my dad lives right near Middletown airport when I checked in on him today digital said 34.8 old school thermometer was 35 how can it be 37 when the airport is in his back yard 

1 minute ago, Ruin said:

No what I'm saying my dad lives right near Middletown airport when I checked in on him today digital said 34.8 old school thermometer was 35 how can it be 37 when the airport is in his back yard 

The temperature measurement at the airport could be (and most likely is) at a different height and near is not the same as

Just now, Ruin said:

Ty sometimes it's off as much as 5 degreas 

Yea to be fair I've noticed MDT often has some very different temperature measurements than the surrounding area. Their snow measurements also get pretty wonky too. This is the NWS standards for temperature measurement sites

Temperature sensor siting: The sensor should be mounted 5 feet +/- 1 foot above the ground. The ground over which the shelter [radiation] is located should be typical of the surrounding area. A level, open clearing is desirable so the thermometers are freely ventilated by air flow. Do not install the sensor on a steep slope or in a sheltered hollow unless it is typical of the area or unless data from that type of site are desired. When possible, the shelter should be no closer than four times the height of any obstruction (tree, fence, building, etc.). The sensor should be at least 100 feet from any paved or concrete surface.

https://www.weather.gov/coop/sitingpolicy2

• Like 1

Something to mention driving towards York back to Harrisburg skies went from mostly cloudy to clear as sun is setting almost clear skies. Odd since thought we would be socked in with clouds skies clear for about 10 miles maybe that will drop us down lower then 29 forecast low 

3 minutes ago, Ruin said:

Something to mention driving towards York back to Harrisburg skies went from mostly cloudy to clear as sun is setting almost clear skies. Odd since thought we would be socked in with clouds skies clear for about 10 miles maybe that will drop us down lower then 29 forecast low 

There def is a clearing in the clouds on visible in that area but it should be covered back in judging by the animation https://www.wunderground.com/maps/satellite/regional-visible/usbgm

• Like 1