Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

That looks great! wheewww. 

For me, definitely need to see the Op give up on its depiction quickly.  Ensembles are a smoothed-out average...great for keeping the fast-changing Op's honest but have to review the members to get a real idea of where (and why)  the averages fall where they do.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's a cutter on 'roids. If the Euro depiction happens, I know someone whose AC will be humming on 12/24...

Christmas Eve and early Christmas morn 2015 was awesome!  It was warm and humid!  As a young kid, I would've been depressed.  Now, I loved it!  I believe the maxT was 70F at KMDT on Christmas Eve!

7 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Christmas Eve and early Christmas morn 2015 was awesome!  It was warm and humid!  As a young kid, I would've been depressed.  Now, I loved it!  I believe the maxT was 70F at KMDT on Christmas Eve!

I remember it all too well.

I wholeheartedly approve of your...um...logo under your name. That's all I'm saying about it. :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

This storm, for those who see white from it, would likely seal a White Christmas, would it not? I haven't had the time to look too far out but I was under the impression this storm brings the cold.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

20°F+ surface T anomalies for a couple of days with Td >32°F will erode snow cover quickly if that indeed occurs as per the Euro...

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 3.17.35 PM.png

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Canderson Holiday Express Storm fights on - a few too many L's on that map NW of us for my liking. 

I think the ensembles are showing a storm going up west of the mountains transitioning vorticity to the coast for a coastal development...very common in these parts as you are all aware.  If the antecedent cold is sufficient, that makes for a nice winter event in these parts...albeit possibly a tad sloppy or heavy...?  Storm to Pittsburgh, overrunning precip; then coastal take over...hammer time!  That model posted is 234 hours out...Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Caveman said:

I think the ensembles are showing a storm going up west of the mountains transitioning vorticity to the coast for a coastal development...very common in these parts as you are all aware.  If the antecedent cold is sufficient, that makes for a nice winter event in these parts...albeit possibly a tad sloppy or heavy...?  Storm to Pittsburgh, overrunning precip; then coastal take over...hammer time!  That model posted is 234 hours out...Thoughts?

My first thought is...it's over a week away. So much will change. Decent signal for a storm somewhere in the east at some point between 12/22 and 12/26. Outside of that, I don't think it's really fair to speculate more than that. Let's see where we're at this weekend and start the process of narrowing goalposts at that time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Holy mother of God. 21 degrees in Phoenix? That would probably put Sun City in the mid to upper teens. If that happens as depicted, there is no doubting the fact that I'm a cold magnet. That's all time record flirting material right there... 

It is indeed...may give you reason to check out the 0Z to see if it holds! 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is indeed...may give you reason to check out the 0Z to see if it holds! 

The GFS is the polar opposite so who knows. It's 10 days out so probably won't verify, but I don't think I've ever seen a colder depiction for Phoenix and the entire southwest.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Holy mother of God. 21 degrees in Phoenix? That would probably put Sun City in the mid to upper teens. If that happens as depicted, there is no doubting the fact that I'm a cold magnet. That's all time record flirting material right there... 

Screenshot_20221213-140604_Firefox.jpg

The airport recorded 17 degrees back in January 1950 - that's the coldest ever at Sky Harbor. So this would be an exceptional occurrence. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

The airport recorded 17 degrees back in January 1950 - that's the coldest ever at Sky Harbor. So this would be an exceptional occurrence. 

This reminds me of some all-time records for Florida just for compare...

Statewide: 1899 it reached -2 in Tallahassee

First recorded appearance of snow in Florida: 1774 when 3" fell in many Panhandle locations

Lowest temp Recorded in Orlando: 18 degrees.

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This reminds me of some all-time records for Florida just for compare...

Statewide: 1899 it reached -2 in Tallahassee

First recorded appearance of snow in Florida: 1774 when 3" fell in many Panhandle locations

Lowest temp Recorded in Orlando: 18 degrees.

One one of our many trips to Florida over the years, my car was showing 27 one morning at our resort - this was in Lake Buena Vista. I'm assuming Orlando's data is from MCO? 

You could probably win some trivia contests on whether or not FL has ever recorded a sub-zero temp. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

One one of our many trips to Florida over the years, my car was showing 27 one morning at our resort - this was in Lake Buena Vista. I'm assuming Orlando's data is from MCO? 

The Orlando low is from the 1800's so probably not MCO. LOL.  FWIW, Orlando has gone under 25 more than 30 times in recorded history.