• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My neighbor is out mowing his grass but does have a coat on so not sure where that falls in the scale of being good or bad news. LOL.  Mowing is bad in Dec but having to wear a coat means cold.  

image.png.f28416f7a34c375c4b54e7cd6e2f04ed.png

Weak sauce - mowing in what appears to be a coat plus long pants. Haven't done that since...not sure I've ever done that. 

MA posters were talking over the weekend about their "snow mows" that they do in advance of the first seasonal snowfall. Glad I have lots of company with that. My mower's ready...just waiting for go time...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Weak sauce - mowing in what appears to be a coat plus long pants. Haven't done that since...not sure I've ever done that. 

MA posters were talking over the weekend about their "snow mows" that they do in advance of the first seasonal snowfall. Glad I have lots of company with that. My mower's ready...just waiting for go time...

You cannot tell in the pic but he is over 80 so we have to give him a pass on the jeans. LOL

Euro weakens primary a tad and transfers to coastal which ends up keepin NE crew in the potential for this weekend.  Still not a great setup but ya know....beggars.....

at 120 its closed at 500 off NC coast and enough wrap around for some.  IF that could happen a bit sooner, it might help the CAD that is showing up.

sfcmslp.conus.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The overnight & early morning models have weakened the Friday pm storm, but still show the chance for some light frozen precip for parts of CTP.

A8F48977-3CFD-44C6-89BA-63F46C460775.png

FF69A8FF-3E59-46BB-ABAE-4181E043D5A1.png

D4AE6703-0B07-4EB0-85F2-085668709C8F.png

As I suggested the other day, it makes sense that the models usually have to fit the pattern.  With the NAO and AO being solidly neg, it doesnt make sense (to me anyway), that it would cut w/ no problem.  The GFS now seems to be seeing that and shunting precip under the blocking.  Still not a great look, but one that makes more sense in my mind.  not sure how the GFS ends up, but better than the last couple days anyway.    

• Like 1

Heck, NWS now mentions the outside chance at  late flakes for us down here. 

Friday
A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Friday Night
A chance of rain before 1am, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

Gloomy outside I like days like this. 37 Cloudy. 

looks like our always delayed, but not always denied pattern change is now safely inside 10 days.  Hoping a week from now the real fun starts and we are looking at better chances.  

gem-ens_z500a_namer_37.png

• Like 1