• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

36 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

As @Bubbler86 mentioned, the 6z GFS has the Winter storm chance for next Friday. 
There is a good High to our north feeding in cold air. The blocking pattern forces the low to redevelop off of the Notth Carolina coast as a stronger area of High pressure builds to our North.

Sign me & @paweather up please!

8E24DCDF-94D0-4A4B-905E-E0D42A7B33E2.png

EBE2C2D7-33A7-4995-AD63-A3717F85A324.png

I better move this over to the new page for Everyone to start their Friday right!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

As @Bubbler86 mentioned, the 6z GFS has the Winter storm chance for next Friday. 
There is a good High to our north feeding in cold air. The blocking pattern forces the low to redevelop off of the Notth Carolina coast as a stronger area of High pressure builds to our North.

8E24DCDF-94D0-4A4B-905E-E0D42A7B33E2.png

EBE2C2D7-33A7-4995-AD63-A3717F85A324.png

I like it!

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Hey buddy boy...you can sign a bunch of us up for that to verify.  Some of us are just trying to temper optimism as things are really just starting to get underway. :) 6z showed a step in the right direction.  GFS ensembles are looking sexy the further out it goes. Just need to get through next week and we should be trackin legit threats w/ less worry.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Hey buddy boy...you can sign a bunch of us up for that to verify.  Some of us are just trying to temper optimism as things are really just starting to get underway. :) 6z showed a step in the right direction.  GFS ensembles are looking sexy the further out it goes. Just need to get through next week and we should be trackin legit threats w/ less worry.

Thread explosion going to happen. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

A very frosty 17.2 degrees this morning.  Already back up to 35 at 10:30.

40 degrees warmer than that this morning for our low, and my friends and family wonder why I don't want to come back home to PA. They all know how much I HATE winter and cold temperatures, yet ask when I'm returning. 

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

40 degrees warmer than that this morning for our low, and my friends and family wonder why I don't want to come back home to PA. They all know how much I HATE winter and cold temperatures, yet ask when I'm returning. 

Maybe they think that after being away from it for a while you'll start missing it?

That's all I got for that one. :)  

• Haha 1

Nooner GFS Ens quite divergent at 500's as we get closer to 8-10 days out, so that tells me that one of them might be catching on....and one of them is clueless. Unfortunately looking at the Op only adds another solution, and no real consensus IMO.   

Buckle up boys n girls....next few days may be a roller coaster of possibilities (and emotions for some).  Oof.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 18z GFS delivered a heck of a Happy Hour for us by showing a Winter storm potential on December 12th.

The blocking eventually forces this storm off of the coast of the DelMarVa and delivers Warning level snow to most of CTP.

D072A373-CFE7-423F-83D1-33FC89B02C33.png

B63F1D48-EDE7-4C24-A524-AB1008488303.png

Great start to the weekend model runs! You bring the good luck Blizz! 

• Like 2

Interesting 12z runs for next Friday on the GFS, Canadian & Euro.

The Euro & GFS both track a low towards Ohio, but then the blocking forces the low to redevelop off of the DelMarVa. The Euro solution delivers some snow to most of CTP this run.

The Canadian has the same idea, but redevelops the low further south & mostly misses PA.

5D5CE2D2-2E30-498F-A661-BB4BC3C3966B.png

6EB34C3B-AD47-402A-9462-5622C167A699.png

EFCB3B8E-FDD5-40B0-8514-8D33B5E5D47D.png

• Like 1