• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

MU always finishes with a significantly higher departure than MDT because they compare against the entire period of record (which I like), whereas NWS just uses the most recent 30-year period.

I just saw that Lancaster had it's 15th warmest November going back to 1914...there you go. 

Not bad - 15th place out of 108 years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

Feeling like Happy Hour GFS is going to be good so Cheers to all!

if what is being advertised in the next coupe weeks comes to light, yeah i'd think some fun happy hours may be forthcoming.  I think I read that Mag suggsted a suppression worry, but also a potential for flatter zonal look.  IF PNA stays neutral, look out for bowling balls and a conveyor belt of chances to start showing, and as the magic blue line gets in a better spot for some/many of us thanks to AO/NAO, it could be a nice period. Hoping that the indicies hold a bit and arent brief, as the window of op would be lessened.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

if what is being advertised in the next coupe weeks comes to light, yeah i'd think some fun happy hours may be forthcoming.  I think I read that Mag suggsted a suppression worry, but also a potential for flatter zonal look.  IF PNA stays neutral, look out for bowling balls and a conveyor belt of chances to start showing, and as the magic blue line gets in a better spot for some/many of us thanks to AO/NAO, it could be a nice period. Hoping that the indicies hold a bit and arent brief, as the window of op would be lessened.    

Yeah, I am just being antsy. LOL. We are sitting on 12/1 but I do know how other Decembers have been and not pretty. 

2 hours ago, paweather said:

Yeah, I am just being antsy. LOL. We are sitting on 12/1 but I do know how other Decembers have been and not pretty. 

You arent alone, but as you stated, its only 12/1.  IF this pattern comes to light, the timing couldnt be better to get us all in some festive moods.  HH is underway, so you may get teased shortly.

• Like 1

Part of the fun in lurking is observing the chaos of the snow tracking season especially in other forums. I have to admit throughout the years this forum has been rock solid, never too high or low. I appreciate the posters here. Cheers! Here's to a great year of tracking (and hopefully cashing)!! :beer:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

Part of the fun in lurking is observing the chaos of the snow tracking season especially in other forums. I have to admit throughout the years this forum has been rock solid, never too high or low. I appreciate the posters here. Cheers! Here's to a great year of tracking (and hopefully cashing)!! :beer:

Runs like the 18Z GFS make the MA forum super fun. 

• Haha 2

This is a really rare forecast for the southwest deserts. Four straight nights/mornings of fog chances. We hardly ever have dew, let alone a full blown fog...

Friday Night
Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Calm wind.
Saturday
A 20 percent chance of showers after 11am. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph.
Saturday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 55. Calm wind.
Sunday
Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. Calm wind becoming south southeast around 5 mph.
Sunday Night
Patchy fog after 9pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 51. Calm wind.
Monday
Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Monday Night
Patchy fog after 9pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 46. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Tuesday
Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
  • Like 2

As @Bubbler86 mentioned, the 6z GFS has the Winter storm chance for next Friday. 
There is a good High to our north feeding in cold air. The blocking pattern forces the low to redevelop off of the Notth Carolina coast as a stronger area of High pressure builds to our North.

Sign me & @paweather up please!

8E24DCDF-94D0-4A4B-905E-E0D42A7B33E2.png

EBE2C2D7-33A7-4995-AD63-A3717F85A324.png

• Like 2