Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2022

George BM

7 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I was more just referencing the absolute moss on anything fun in terms of any kind of snow at all but yet howling winds and cold. Just fucking sucks. With this cold , could have been the fabled white Christmas too. Just…blech. 

I feel ya man. And the fact that the cold is only gonna last a few days is even worse. We are in just some kind of snow drought right now that ya hope isn't our future. Even for here this is really bad. And this fail is just salt in the wound given just how close we appeared to be to having a white Christmas. I try not to rant on here as much, but days like today make it frickin' hard not to. Yes, there are more important things in life--it's just...this still SUCKS. It ain't right man...I wish I didn't care as much when things don't work out. But...a snowlover is a snowlover, lol

With everyone seeing family and such the next two weeks - BE SAFE. I admittedly have not gotten the updated booster for COVID, but I have COVID now and am battling a 103+ fever. Luckily was able to get a script for Paxlovid without too much effort. 

Wash your hands, people!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

With everyone seeing family and such the next two weeks - BE SAFE. I admittedly have not gotten the updated booster for COVID, but I have COVID now and am battling a 103+ fever. Luckily was able to get a script for Paxlovid without too much effort. 

Wash your hands, people!

Hope you recover quick! Good thing this is indoor weather w/ bitter cold + no snow... well for me anyways. ;)

• Like 1

For fun check out the point/click for Buffalo:

This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Steady temperature around 18. Wind chill values as low as -5. Very windy, with a southwest wind around 46 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 14. Wind chill values as low as -5. Very windy, with a southwest wind 43 to 45 mph, with gusts as high as 75 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. High near 19. Wind chill values as low as -10. Very windy, with a southwest wind 37 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow before 2am, then a chance of snow showers after 2am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow before 2am. Low around 17. Windy, with a west wind 29 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

Wash your hands, people!

I have COVID and the flu. You’ll be better once the Paxlovid kicks in. Rest up and hydrate!  

50 minutes ago, Clueless said:

I have COVID and the flu. You’ll be better once the Paxlovid kicks in. Rest up and hydrate!  

Double whammy - that sucks! Hope you feel better as well! 

Heard some people are getting a bitter/metallic taste as a side effect of the Paxlovid. Guess it beats the alternative, though...

5 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Double whammy - that sucks! Hope you feel better as well! 

Heard some people are getting a bitter/metallic taste as a side effect of the Paxlovid. Guess it beats the alternative, though...

Yes. You’ll be fine, though. Ginger chews or candy help a bit. In three days you should be much better. 

11 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

@Maestrobjwa, thought you would appreciate this.  Currently listening to one of my favorite Christmas CDs, "A Festival of Carols", with the great Robert Shaw as Chorale director.  He was with both the Cleveland Orchestra and Atlanta Symphony.  His chorale direction was impeccable!

One of THE best! I mean he is a gold standard and no one did it quite like he did. Impeccable is a word for it! Impeccable and inspired--to the point where he had his own unique sound that he produced from his choirs.

Man I'm just learning how to really conduct a choir (been taking my bumps and bruises, but it's always worth it!)--always look to folks like that that really know their stuff and work the "magic"!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic